Beam Inc. (BEAM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Beam Inc. (Beam), formerly known as Fortune Brands, Inc, is a premium spirits company. The company offers branded distilled spirits products. The product portfolio of the company consists of bourbon whiskey, Scotch whisky, Canadian whisky, tequila, cognac, rum, cordials, and ready-to-drink pre-mixed cocktails. The renowned brands offered by the company include Jim Beam Bourbon, Canadian Club Whisky, Maker’s Mark Bourbon, Sauza Tequila, Courvoisier Cognac, Teacher’s Scotch, Laphroaig Scotch, Knob Creek Bourbon, Cruzan Rum, Basil Hayden’s Bourbon, Kilbeggan Irish Whiskey, Hornitos Tequila, Skinnygirl Cocktails, EFFEN Vodka, Pucker Vodka and Sourz Liqueurs among others. The company’s major markets includes North America, Australia and Europe, and also maintains presence in the markets of India, Brazil, Russia, Central Europe, Asia, and other geographies. The company is headquartered in Illinois, the US.
The company is expanding its operations as evident from its recent acquisition related agreement with White Rock Distilleries to acquire the fast-growing Pinnacle Vodka and Calico Jack rum brands and other related assets for $605m in cash.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Beam Inc. provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Table of contents
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Beam Inc. - Key Facts
Beam Inc. - Key Employees
Beam Inc. - Key Employee Biographies
Beam Inc. - Major Products and Services
Beam Inc. - History
Beam Inc. - Company Statement
Beam Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Beam Inc. - Key Manufacturing Facilities
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Beam Inc. - Business Description
Beam Inc. - Corporate Strategy
Beam Inc. - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Beam Inc. - Strengths
Strength - Sales Growth
Strength - Geographical Landscape
Strength - Products and Brands Portfolio
Beam Inc. - Weaknesses
Weakness - Pending Legal Issues
Beam Inc. - Opportunities
Opportunity - Inorganic Growth Drivers
Opportunity - Strategic Separation
Beam Inc. - Threats
Threat - Consolidation in Wholesalers and Spirit Producers
Threat - Stringent Laws and Regulations
Threat - Competitive Landscape
Threat - Global Economic Scenario
Beam Inc. - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Beam Inc., Recent Deals Summary
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
Beam Inc., Key Facts
Beam Inc., Key Employees
Beam Inc., Key Employee Biographies
Beam Inc., Major Products and Services
Beam Inc., History
Beam Inc., Other Locations
Beam Inc., Subsidiaries
Beam Inc., Key Manufacturing Facilities
Beam Inc., Key Competitors
Beam Inc., Ratios based on current share price
Beam Inc., Annual Ratios
Beam Inc., Interim Ratios
Beam Inc., Recent Deals Summary
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Beam Inc., Performance Chart (2007 - 2011)
Beam Inc., Ratio Charts
Related research categories
By company: SWOT analysis
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 3:34am (Thursday, 20 June 2013)