Ball Corporation (BLL) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Ball Corporation (Ball) is one of the world’s leading providers of metal packaging to the beverage, food and household products industries. Ball is also one of the leading companies engaged in the design, development and manufacture of innovative aerospace systems. Ball produces steel aerosol cans, steel food cans for beverages and foods, steel paint cans and decorative steel tins. It offers aerospace and other technologies and services to governmental and commercial customers. Ball’s packaging products are manufactured for a range of end uses and are produced in plants across the globe. The company sold its plastic packaging, Americas business to Amcor Limited in August, 2010. Ball is headquartered in Broomfield, Colorado, the US.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Ball Corporation provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Table of contents
Section 1 - About the Company
Ball Corporation - Key Facts
Ball Corporation - Key Employees
Ball Corporation - Key Employee Biographies
Ball Corporation - Major Products and Services
Ball Corporation - History
Ball Corporation - Company Statement
Ball Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Ball Corporation - Key Manufacturing Facilities
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Ball Corporation - Business Description
Ball Corporation - Corporate Strategy
Ball Corporation - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Ball Corporation - Strengths
Strength - Competitive Market Position
Strength - Improved Profitability
Strength - Focus on innovation
Ball Corporation - Weaknesses
Weakness - Dependence on Few Customers
Weakness - Limited Liquidity
Weakness - Increasing Debt Burden
Ball Corporation - Opportunities
Opportunity - Inorganic Growth
Opportunity - Strategic Alliances and Contracts
Opportunity - Growing Demand for Packaging Products
Ball Corporation - Threats
Threat - Stringent Regulations
Threat - Highly Competitive Market
Threat - Rise in Production Costs
Ball Corporation - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
Ball Corporation, Key Facts
Ball Corporation, Key Employees
Ball Corporation, Key Employee Biographies
Ball Corporation, Major Products and Services
Ball Corporation, History
Ball Corporation, Subsidiaries
Ball Corporation, Key Manufacturing Facilities
Ball Corporation, Affiliate
Ball Corporation, Key Competitors
Ball Corporation, Ratios based on current share price
Ball Corporation, Annual Ratios
Ball Corporation, Interim Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Ball Corporation, Performance Chart (2007 - 2011)
Ball Corporation, Ratio Charts
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 7:36am (Sunday, 19 May 2013)