Arcos Dorados Holdings Inc. (ARCO) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Arcos Dorados Holdings Inc. (Arcos Dorados) operates and franchises McDonald’s restaurants. It owns, operates, and grants franchises of McDonald’s restaurants in 20 countries and territories in Latin America and the Caribbean, including Argentina, Aruba, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Curacao, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Uruguay, the US Virgin Islands of St. Croix and St. Thomas, and Venezuela. Of the 1,840 McDonald’s-branded restaurants, the company owns 1,358 restaurants and 482 franchised restaurants. It serves approximately 4.3million customers per day across Latin America.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Arcos Dorados Holdings Inc. provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Table of contents
List of Tables 3
List of Figures 3
Section 1 - About the Company 4
Arcos Dorados Holdings Inc. - Key Facts 4
Arcos Dorados Holdings Inc. - Key Employees 5
Arcos Dorados Holdings Inc. - Key Employee Biographies 6
Arcos Dorados Holdings Inc. - Major Products and Services 7
Arcos Dorados Holdings Inc. - History 8
Arcos Dorados Holdings Inc. - Company Statement 9
Arcos Dorados Holdings Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries 10
Head Office 10
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 10
Section 2 – Company Analysis 11
Arcos Dorados Holdings Inc. - Business Description 11
Arcos Dorados Holdings Inc. - SWOT Analysis 12
SWOT Analysis - Overview 12
Arcos Dorados Holdings Inc. - Strengths 12
Strength - Market Dominance 12
Strength - Franchisee Brand Equity 12
Strength - Steady Revenue Growth 12
Arcos Dorados Holdings Inc. - Weaknesses 12
Weakness - High Dependence on Suppliers 12
Arcos Dorados Holdings Inc. - Opportunities 12
Opportunity - Organic Expansion 12
Opportunity - Demand for Quick-Service Restaurants 13
Arcos Dorados Holdings Inc. - Threats 13
Threat - Intense Competition 13
Threat - Volatile Consumer Choices 13
Threat - Global Economic Scenario 13
Arcos Dorados Holdings Inc. - Key Competitors 15
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 16
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 16
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 16
Performance Chart 18
Financial Performance 18
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 19
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 20
Section 4 – Appendix 21
Ratio Definitions 21
About GlobalData 25
Contact Us 25
List of Tables
Arcos Dorados Holdings Inc., Key Facts 4
Arcos Dorados Holdings Inc., Key Employees 5
Arcos Dorados Holdings Inc., Key Employee Biographies 6
Arcos Dorados Holdings Inc., Major Products and Services 7
Arcos Dorados Holdings Inc., History 8
Arcos Dorados Holdings Inc., Subsidiaries 10
Arcos Dorados Holdings Inc., Key Competitors 15
Arcos Dorados Holdings Inc., Ratios based on current share price 16
Arcos Dorados Holdings Inc., Annual Ratios 16
Arcos Dorados Holdings Inc., Interim Ratios 19
Currency Codes 21
Capital Market Ratios 21
Equity Ratios 22
Profitability Ratios 22
Cost Ratios 23
Liquidity Ratios 23
Leverage Ratios 24
Efficiency Ratios 24
List of Figures
Arcos Dorados Holdings Inc., Performance Chart (2007 - 2011) 18
Arcos Dorados Holdings Inc., Ratio Charts 20
Related research categories
By company: SWOT analysis
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 11:36pm (Friday, 24 May 2013)