Almarai Company (2280) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Almarai Company (Almarai) is an integrated consumer food company. The company along with its subsidiaries is involved in the production and distribution of consumer food and beverage products throughout the Middle East. It operates through five reportable segments, namely, Dairy and Juice; Bakery; Poultry; Arable and Horticulture; and Other Activities segments. The company markets its Dairy, Fruit Juices and Related Food Business under Almarai brand name, and performs manufacturing activities in Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Almarai Company provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Table of contents
List of Tables 3
List of Figures 3
Section 1 - About the Company 4
Almarai Company - Key Facts 4
Almarai Company - Key Employees 5
Almarai Company - Key Employee Biographies 6
Almarai Company - Major Products and Services 7
Almarai Company - History 8
Almarai Company - Company Statement 10
Almarai Company - Locations And Subsidiaries 12
Head Office 12
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 12
Section 2 – Company Analysis 13
Almarai Company - Business Description 13
Almarai Company - Corporate Strategy 14
Almarai Company - SWOT Analysis 15
SWOT Analysis - Overview 15
Almarai Company - Strengths 15
Strength - Extensive Distribution Network 15
Strength - Strong Top Line Growth 15
Strength - Wide Product Portfolio 15
Strength - Integrated Business Model 15
Almarai Company - Weaknesses 16
Weakness - Substantial Presence of Debt 16
Weakness - Declining Profitability 16
Almarai Company - Opportunities 16
Opportunity - Expansion Plans 16
Opportunity - Strategic Initiatives 16
Opportunity - Expansion through Joint Ventures 17
Opportunity - Dairy Markets in the GCC 17
Almarai Company - Threats 17
Threat - Seasonal Nature of Business 17
Threat - Fluctuation in Raw Material Prices 17
Threat - Stringent Government Regulations 17
Threat - Highly Competitive Environment 17
Almarai Company - Key Competitors 19
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 20
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 20
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 20
Performance Chart 22
Financial Performance 22
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 23
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 24
Almarai Company, Recent Deals Summary 25
Section 4 – Appendix 26
Ratio Definitions 26
About GlobalData 30
Contact Us 30
List of Tables
Almarai Company, Key Facts 4
Almarai Company, Key Employees 5
Almarai Company, Key Employee Biographies 6
Almarai Company, Major Products and Services 7
Almarai Company, History 8
Almarai Company, Subsidiaries 12
Almarai Company, Key Competitors 19
Almarai Company, Ratios based on current share price 20
Almarai Company, Annual Ratios 20
Almarai Company, Interim Ratios 23
Almarai Company, Recent Deals Summary 25
Currency Codes 26
Capital Market Ratios 26
Equity Ratios 27
Profitability Ratios 27
Cost Ratios 28
Liquidity Ratios 28
Leverage Ratios 29
Efficiency Ratios 29
List of Figures
Almarai Company, Performance Chart (2007 - 2011) 22
Almarai Company, Ratio Charts 24
Related research categories
By company: SWOT analysis
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 6:29pm (Saturday, 18 May 2013)