Accor SA (AC) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Accor SA (Accor) is a leading hotel operator. It offers a range of tourism and hospitality services. The company operates a large network of hotels across the world under various brands including Mercure, Suitehotel, Ibis budget, Ibis Styles, Ibis, Formule 1, Motel 6, Sofitel, Pullman and Novotel. It also offers services in design, development, and management of prepaid products and services in employee and public benefits, rewards and loyalty, and expense management. As of December 2011, the company had 531,714 rooms in 4,426 hotels. The company has its presence in 92 countries across Europe, France, North America, Latin America, and Asia-Pacific countries. Accor is headquartered in Paris, France.
In May 2012, the company signed an agreement to sell its United States Economy Hotels Division (Motel 6 and Studio 6) to an affiliate of Blackstone Real Estate Partners VII, for a total value of $1.9bn in a process to reduce capital employed in Motel 6 and Studio 6 and divert its focus in growth potential in the Asia Pacific region, Latin America and Europe
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Accor SA provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Table of contentsSection 1 - About the Company
Accor SA - Key Facts
Accor SA - Key Employees
Accor SA - Key Employee Biographies
Accor SA - Major Products and Services
Accor SA - History
Accor SA - Company Statement
Accor SA - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Accor SA - Business Description
Accor SA - Corporate Strategy
Accor SA - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Accor SA - Strengths
Strength - Strong Brand Portfolio
Strength - Significant Worldwide Presence
Strength - Strong Liquidity
Strength - High Margins
Accor SA - Weaknesses
Weakness - Over Dependence on Europe Market
Accor SA - Opportunities
Opportunity - Growth in Indian Hospitality Industry
Opportunity - Growth Potential in the Restaurant Industry
Opportunity - Strategic Alliances
Opportunity - Rebranding the Economy Segment
Opportunity - Expansion Plans
Accor SA - Threats
Threat - Competitive Pressure
Threat - Fluctuations in Exchange Rates
Threat - Global Economic Scenario
Accor SA - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Accor SA, Recent Deals Summary
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
Accor SA, Key Facts
Accor SA, Key Employees
Accor SA, Key Employee Biographies
Accor SA, Major Products and Services
Accor SA, History
Accor SA, Other Locations
Accor SA, Subsidiaries
Accor SA, Key Competitors
Accor SA, Ratios based on current share price
Accor SA, Annual Ratios
Accor SA, Interim Ratios
Accor SA, Recent Deals Summary
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Accor SA, Performance Chart (2007 - 2011)
Accor SA, Ratio Charts
Related research categories
By company: SWOT analysis
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 7:20am (Tuesday, 18 June 2013)