10 Trends to Watch in Natural Products in 2012
The natural products marketplace is one of the most prolific of all new packaged goods markets. This presentation reviews ten emerging trends in the natural products space, including the use of sprouted seeds, grains and beans as ingredients, the proliferation of textured drinks for enhanced health and rising interest in grass fed dairy and meat products.
- Today’s consumer increasingly wants to do the “right thing.” Frequently, this includes following the latest trends in the natural products market.
- Review how innovations in reusable storage containers and product packaging are aiding the environment.
- See how the “shot” concept is expanding beyond energy drinks to other types of beverages. Note how color is emerging as a health cue.
While it is estimated that the natural and organic sector accounts for only about 3% of all product sales in Europe and North America, this market accounted for a whopping 21% of all new product innovation from 2010 to 2011, according to Product Launch Analytics.
The natural products marketplace often sets market trends that can last for years, or even decades. Some emerging market trends to watch in 2012 include new “clean” label personal care products as well as snack clusters or crunchies as alternatives to snack bars.
See how the diet of the caveman is influencing new product development today. Watch how new ingredients like coconut palm sugar are beginning to shake up the market.
- How does sprouting (germination) improve the health properties of seeds, grains and beans?
- What health advantages does grass fed dairy products have over conventional dairy products?
- Why is the “shot” format the source of so much new product innovation today?
- How much influence do claims like “no parabens” or “no petrochemicals” have on consumer personal care or beauty product choices?
Table of contentsN/A
Related research categories
By sector: Trends
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 5:13am (Monday, 20 May 2013)