February 2012 Management Briefing - Environmental Sustainability in the Brewing Sector
This five-part report is the first in a series of management briefings looking at environmental sustainability across the beverage categories covered by just-drinks. The briefing examines key environmental issues facing the beer sector in the context of individual and collective action undertaken by major international brewing groups.
In the first part of this five-part briefing, Ben Cooper looks at the use of water in the brewing process, and brewers' attempts to reduce the amount wasted, as part of their sustainability efforts.
Part two of this month's briefing sees Ben Cooper consider the role water plays when it comes to the raw materials for brewers.
We're halfway there! The third part of this month's five-part briefing looks at the brewers' community investment programmes, external engagement efforts and collaboration moves in the environmental sustainability arena.
In the penultimate part of this month's briefing, Ben Cooper turns his attention to energy use and carbon emissions from the multinational brewers.
The fifth and final part of February's management briefing focuses on the role packaging plays in the brewers' battles to operate more sustainably.
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Focus - Indonesia: Prohibition in Paradise?
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Heineken "concerned" as Indonesia enacts beer ban
- Bacardi hands global advertising to single agency
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review