December 2012 Management Briefing - Review of the Year
Another year, another review. Here is just-drinks' look back at another lively 12 months for the global drinks industry.
With Christmas fast approaching, it's the time of year when just-drinks takes its annual look back at the past 12 months. Between now and the end of the year we'll assess how the soft drinks, spirits, wine and bottled water sectors have fared in 2012. Up first, however, is beer and cider. just-drinks' deputy editor, James Wilmore, takes us through the highs and lows for the long alcoholic beverage (LAB) category.
In the second part of just-drinks' review of 2012, Andy Morton looks at how the soft drinks category has fared in the past 12 months.
The third in our five-part review of 2012 sees Ben Cooper consider how the last 12 months have treated the bottled water category.
The penultimate part of just-drinks' review of 2012 looks at a tumultuous year for the wine category.
It was back to business for spirits companies in 2012 as the industry's recovery continued apace.
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down