April 2011 Management Briefing - The PIGS Markets
In this month's management briefing, Richard Woodard takes a look at the problems facing drinks companies who operate in Greece, Ireland, Portugal and Spain - the so-called PIGS markets.
In this month's management briefing, Richard Woodard turns the spotlight on to the troublesome European markets of Greece, Ireland, Portugal and Spain. Coined unflatteringly, the PIGS, these four markets have all seen better days, and are hitting the headlines for the headaches they are causing.
Following on from his introduction to the woes of the PIGS markets, the first part of this month's management briefing sees Richard Woodard focus more sharply on Spain and Portugal.
The second part of this month's management briefing, looking at the markets of Greece, Ireland, Portugal and Spain, sees RIchard Woodard look at the situation in Ireland.
In the final part of this month's management briefing, Richard Woodard rounds off his tour of the PIGS markets in Greece.
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- Pernod Ricard appoints Absolut Vodka VP
- Beam Suntory to re-package Courvoisier Cognac
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research