BRIEFING: WTO and its affect on the global drinks industry
For the drinks industry, the World Trade Organisation (WTO) has always been something of a mixed blessing. To be sure, its goal of cutting restrictive import quotas, reducing tariffs and harmonising consumer health rules have generally been welcomed, but the slightly shabby truth is that the drinks industry has always been protected to some degree. In Europe especially, with its complex appellation systems and regulations on oenological practices, support for simple free trade in drinks is far from universal. Take advantage of this opportunity to discover more about framework agreement, geographical indications on wines and spirits, the existing agreements, and where the Doha round goes from here.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The future for drinks industry's waste products
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends