BRIEFING: WTO and its affect on the global drinks industry
For the drinks industry, the World Trade Organisation (WTO) has always been something of a mixed blessing. To be sure, its goal of cutting restrictive import quotas, reducing tariffs and harmonising consumer health rules have generally been welcomed, but the slightly shabby truth is that the drinks industry has always been protected to some degree. In Europe especially, with its complex appellation systems and regulations on oenological practices, support for simple free trade in drinks is far from universal. Take advantage of this opportunity to discover more about framework agreement, geographical indications on wines and spirits, the existing agreements, and where the Doha round goes from here.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020