BRIEFING: Who Drinks Italian Wine in the UK 2004-2005
Italian wine forms part of the drinking repertoires of over half of UK consumers. However, there are relatively few core Italian wine drinkers, and while these "Loyalists" tend to be younger, their spending patterns and price sensitivity do not offer big opportunities to increase sales and profits. Older consumers appear to retain Italian wine in their repertoires, though this relationship would appear not to have much strength. While Italy is unlikely to disappear from UK wine drinkers' repertoires, it may be losing share of wallet to more distinctive and heavily marketed offers from Old World neighbours France and Spain, and more significantly from the New World producers such as Australia, Chile and South Africa. Discover more about the demographics, behaviours and attitudes of the loyalists and trialists with this just-drinks management briefing.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Will Diageo seize the day as "nadir" reached?
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Remy Cointreau names liqueurs & spirits CEO