BRIEFING: Who Drinks Italian Wine in the UK 2004-2005
Italian wine forms part of the drinking repertoires of over half of UK consumers. However, there are relatively few core Italian wine drinkers, and while these "Loyalists" tend to be younger, their spending patterns and price sensitivity do not offer big opportunities to increase sales and profits. Older consumers appear to retain Italian wine in their repertoires, though this relationship would appear not to have much strength. While Italy is unlikely to disappear from UK wine drinkers' repertoires, it may be losing share of wallet to more distinctive and heavily marketed offers from Old World neighbours France and Spain, and more significantly from the New World producers such as Australia, Chile and South Africa. Discover more about the demographics, behaviours and attitudes of the loyalists and trialists with this just-drinks management briefing.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review