BRIEFING: Who Drinks Italian Wine in the UK 2004-2005
Italian wine forms part of the drinking repertoires of over half of UK consumers. However, there are relatively few core Italian wine drinkers, and while these "Loyalists" tend to be younger, their spending patterns and price sensitivity do not offer big opportunities to increase sales and profits. Older consumers appear to retain Italian wine in their repertoires, though this relationship would appear not to have much strength. While Italy is unlikely to disappear from UK wine drinkers' repertoires, it may be losing share of wallet to more distinctive and heavily marketed offers from Old World neighbours France and Spain, and more significantly from the New World producers such as Australia, Chile and South Africa. Discover more about the demographics, behaviours and attitudes of the loyalists and trialists with this just-drinks management briefing.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Coca-Cola to get boost from Monster in China
- CCE shows faith in Coca-Cola Life with full launch
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- United Spirits bids for distribution deal approval
- Gruppo Campari US unit head steps down
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018