BRIEFING: The wine and wine markets of the new EU states
The addition of six new wine-producing countries to the EU in May 2004 may have added to the rich diversity and heritage of the European Union's wine industry, but one thing the European Union already had in abundance was wine, and a rich variety of it too. While potentially opening up new commercial vistas for the wine industries in these developing markets, accession also made these countries subject to strict EU regulations on vineyard expansion and of course agricultural subsidy. At the same time, it fully opened up their domestic markets to free market competition. This briefing looks at the six accession countries which have significant wine production - Cyprus, Czech Republic, Hungary, Malta, Slovakia and Slovenia - examining their winemaking history and culture, their production and commercial structures, and the impact of EU membership on their respective wine industries.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- Coke Life - Coca-Cola's niche soda - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends