BRIEFING: The wine and wine markets of the new EU states
The addition of six new wine-producing countries to the EU in May 2004 may have added to the rich diversity and heritage of the European Union's wine industry, but one thing the European Union already had in abundance was wine, and a rich variety of it too. While potentially opening up new commercial vistas for the wine industries in these developing markets, accession also made these countries subject to strict EU regulations on vineyard expansion and of course agricultural subsidy. At the same time, it fully opened up their domestic markets to free market competition. This briefing looks at the six accession countries which have significant wine production - Cyprus, Czech Republic, Hungary, Malta, Slovakia and Slovenia - examining their winemaking history and culture, their production and commercial structures, and the impact of EU membership on their respective wine industries.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- US craft beer growth slows again - IRI figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits