BRIEFING: The soft drinks industry and the childhood obesity debate
The childhood obesity debate affects and is affected by the soft drinks industry. This briefing provides both an account of current public health thinking on the problems and causes of rising childhood obesity and the views and actions of the soft drinks industry in response to what is undeniably a serious problem in many countries. The report presents a brief overview of public health thinking on childhood obesity, the extent of the problem and its causes, with the aim of assessing how central soft drinks consumption is within the context of the debate and what the public health community expects from the industry. It continues by examining what the industry has done, is doing and will have to do in the future, both at a collective and a company level, to address the problems, engage in the debate and counter negative publicity.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- NPD: The Craft Cocktail Revolution
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Suntory Holdings to split beer, spirits division
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Quintessential Brands changes MD at Essential unit