BRIEFING: The soft drinks industry and the childhood obesity debate
The childhood obesity debate affects and is affected by the soft drinks industry. This briefing provides both an account of current public health thinking on the problems and causes of rising childhood obesity and the views and actions of the soft drinks industry in response to what is undeniably a serious problem in many countries. The report presents a brief overview of public health thinking on childhood obesity, the extent of the problem and its causes, with the aim of assessing how central soft drinks consumption is within the context of the debate and what the public health community expects from the industry. It continues by examining what the industry has done, is doing and will have to do in the future, both at a collective and a company level, to address the problems, engage in the debate and counter negative publicity.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends