BRIEFING: The soft drinks industry and the childhood obesity debate
The childhood obesity debate affects and is affected by the soft drinks industry. This briefing provides both an account of current public health thinking on the problems and causes of rising childhood obesity and the views and actions of the soft drinks industry in response to what is undeniably a serious problem in many countries. The report presents a brief overview of public health thinking on childhood obesity, the extent of the problem and its causes, with the aim of assessing how central soft drinks consumption is within the context of the debate and what the public health community expects from the industry. It continues by examining what the industry has done, is doing and will have to do in the future, both at a collective and a company level, to address the problems, engage in the debate and counter negative publicity.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- How has craft beer put the squeeze on world beers?
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Heineken signs JV deal in Philippines
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends