BRIEFING: The global market for whisk(e)y
The international whisk(e)y market (not including Indian and Thai whiskies) accounts for over 130m 9-litre cases. India has the largest domestic whisky consumption estimated at 67m 9-litre cases during 2004. According to figures released by the Scotch Whisky Association, in the first six months of 2004, emerging new markets for Scotch whisky - from China to Brazil, India to Russia - helped to lift the value of Scotch whisky exports by £20m or 2% to £982m for the 6 month period to 30 June. More Scotch whisky was exported to China in the first half of 2004 than the whole of 2003, with export value growing by over 170% (to £9.7m - for the 6 month period ending 30 June). Read more about the evolving international markets for whisk(e)y in this, just-drinks' latest update of its annual review of the global market for whisk(e)y.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range