BRIEFING: The global market for whisk(e)y
The international whisk(e)y market (not including Indian and Thai whiskies) accounts for over 130m 9-litre cases. India has the largest domestic whisky consumption estimated at 67m 9-litre cases during 2004. According to figures released by the Scotch Whisky Association, in the first six months of 2004, emerging new markets for Scotch whisky - from China to Brazil, India to Russia - helped to lift the value of Scotch whisky exports by £20m or 2% to £982m for the 6 month period to 30 June. More Scotch whisky was exported to China in the first half of 2004 than the whole of 2003, with export value growing by over 170% (to £9.7m - for the 6 month period ending 30 June). Read more about the evolving international markets for whisk(e)y in this, just-drinks' latest update of its annual review of the global market for whisk(e)y.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits