BRIEFING: The alcohol market in the enlarged EU
The accession of 10 new countries into the European Union in May 2004 was undoubtedly a major event for the alliance. The addition of such a large number of new member states at one time is certainly unprecedented. However, while the celebrations of May had a justifiably upbeat feel to them, the benefits both to the new nations and the existing 15 members are expected to be seen more in the medium to long term rather than immediately. This just-drinks.com management briefing looks at: where we can expect economic expansion; the new EU spirits, wine and beer markets; cross-border issues; variations in policy; and gives you a country by country breakdown of the new markets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Corby's FY suffers from US focus
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research