BRIEFING: The alcohol market in the enlarged EU
The accession of 10 new countries into the European Union in May 2004 was undoubtedly a major event for the alliance. The addition of such a large number of new member states at one time is certainly unprecedented. However, while the celebrations of May had a justifiably upbeat feel to them, the benefits both to the new nations and the existing 15 members are expected to be seen more in the medium to long term rather than immediately. This just-drinks.com management briefing looks at: where we can expect economic expansion; the new EU spirits, wine and beer markets; cross-border issues; variations in policy; and gives you a country by country breakdown of the new markets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is single malt the Great White Hope for Scotch?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US