BRIEFING: The alcohol market in the enlarged EU
The accession of 10 new countries into the European Union in May 2004 was undoubtedly a major event for the alliance. The addition of such a large number of new member states at one time is certainly unprecedented. However, while the celebrations of May had a justifiably upbeat feel to them, the benefits both to the new nations and the existing 15 members are expected to be seen more in the medium to long term rather than immediately. This just-drinks.com management briefing looks at: where we can expect economic expansion; the new EU spirits, wine and beer markets; cross-border issues; variations in policy; and gives you a country by country breakdown of the new markets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research