BRIEFING: Sponsorship in the drinks industry
Sponsorship may not be a new phenomenon, but as a marketing medium it has changed dramatically since companies first realised association with prominent events could lend visibility and credibility to their brands. One only has to look at how brand logos are squeezed on to every available inch of a racing-driver's overalls, every spare wall or fence at a sports stadium to see how central a role sponsorship plays in contemporary brand marketing. Once viewed as a complementary and useful addition to the marketing mix, sponsorship platforms today can be pivotal to a brand's international marketing strategy. November's briefing looks at how drinks sponsorship has developed in recent years, and discusses the corporate social responsibility issues related to sponsorship which have arguably intensified as it has developed as a marketing medium. The briefing also includes detailed case studies of current notable drinks sponsorships undertaken by major spirits, beer and wine brands.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends