BRIEFING: Sponsorship in the drinks industry
Sponsorship may not be a new phenomenon, but as a marketing medium it has changed dramatically since companies first realised association with prominent events could lend visibility and credibility to their brands. One only has to look at how brand logos are squeezed on to every available inch of a racing-driver's overalls, every spare wall or fence at a sports stadium to see how central a role sponsorship plays in contemporary brand marketing. Once viewed as a complementary and useful addition to the marketing mix, sponsorship platforms today can be pivotal to a brand's international marketing strategy. November's briefing looks at how drinks sponsorship has developed in recent years, and discusses the corporate social responsibility issues related to sponsorship which have arguably intensified as it has developed as a marketing medium. The briefing also includes detailed case studies of current notable drinks sponsorships undertaken by major spirits, beer and wine brands.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends