BRIEFING: Sponsorship in the drinks industry
Sponsorship may not be a new phenomenon, but as a marketing medium it has changed dramatically since companies first realised association with prominent events could lend visibility and credibility to their brands. One only has to look at how brand logos are squeezed on to every available inch of a racing-driver's overalls, every spare wall or fence at a sports stadium to see how central a role sponsorship plays in contemporary brand marketing. Once viewed as a complementary and useful addition to the marketing mix, sponsorship platforms today can be pivotal to a brand's international marketing strategy. November's briefing looks at how drinks sponsorship has developed in recent years, and discusses the corporate social responsibility issues related to sponsorship which have arguably intensified as it has developed as a marketing medium. The briefing also includes detailed case studies of current notable drinks sponsorships undertaken by major spirits, beer and wine brands.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- Comment - Has Scotch Whisky Jumped the Shark?
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- SABMiller announces management reshuffle
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Wine in the United Kingdom