BRIEFING: just-drinks’ review of the Port industry
February 2008 management briefing
The current issues affecting the Port industry are rooted in the success of the past. As consumers moved across from sectors like Sherry and vermouth in the 1990s, the market for Port expanded - and production had to follow suit. This month we analyse Port's current performance in its key international markets and include comment from Paul Symington, joint managing director of Symington Family Estates,and Adrian Bridge, managing director The Fladgate Partnership. We also include an overview of the companies in the sector,and take a look at production, with a focus on the growers and vineyards. In the final chapter with discuss the beneficio and the issues with table wine.
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Pernod Ricard set for CMO switch
- Scotch whisky leaders sign pro-UK letter