BRIEFING: just-drinks’ review of the Australian wine industry 2005
In a global scene, Australia is now the fourth largest wine exporter after France, Italy, Spain and its wines are exported to more than 100 countries. This month's briefing provides a brief history of the industry, helping you to understand both the struggles and opportunities it encounters. The domestic market is outlined and analysed giving sales figures over a ten-year period, and comment from top industry executives. It also discusses Australia's exports business, which is one of the great success stories of the wine industry of recent times, and has become something of a blueprint for competitor countries such as South Africa and Chile. The final chapter looks at the difficulties the industry currently faces in terms of supply and demand, particularly oversupply, a problem that can be traced back to the late 1990's.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Heineken's new range foreshadows craft's future
- Gruppo Campari Q4 & FY 2016 results - Preview
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends