BRIEFING: just-drinks’ review of the Australian wine industry 2005
In a global scene, Australia is now the fourth largest wine exporter after France, Italy, Spain and its wines are exported to more than 100 countries. This month's briefing provides a brief history of the industry, helping you to understand both the struggles and opportunities it encounters. The domestic market is outlined and analysed giving sales figures over a ten-year period, and comment from top industry executives. It also discusses Australia's exports business, which is one of the great success stories of the wine industry of recent times, and has become something of a blueprint for competitor countries such as South Africa and Chile. The final chapter looks at the difficulties the industry currently faces in terms of supply and demand, particularly oversupply, a problem that can be traced back to the late 1990's.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Molson Coors' Rekorderlig Cider Cocktails - NPD
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends