BRIEFING: just-drinks’ review of the Australian wine industry 2005
In a global scene, Australia is now the fourth largest wine exporter after France, Italy, Spain and its wines are exported to more than 100 countries. This month's briefing provides a brief history of the industry, helping you to understand both the struggles and opportunities it encounters. The domestic market is outlined and analysed giving sales figures over a ten-year period, and comment from top industry executives. It also discusses Australia's exports business, which is one of the great success stories of the wine industry of recent times, and has become something of a blueprint for competitor countries such as South Africa and Chile. The final chapter looks at the difficulties the industry currently faces in terms of supply and demand, particularly oversupply, a problem that can be traced back to the late 1990's.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- How soft drinks can exploit alcohol's loss
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends