BRIEFING: just-drinks’ review of 2009
There would be little point denying that the poor global economic climate was the major story of 2009 across all drinks sectors. In spirits, US market growth for the major players Diageo and Pernod Ricard had started to slow before 2008 had ended. In wine, we heard that Australian wine exports had fallen in value terms during 2008 for the first time in 15 years; and that US domestic wine sales saw the first annual fall since the last major recession in 1993. In beer, Diageo shelved plans to build a new brewery for its Guinness brand in Ireland, whilst in soft drinks, the story of the year has arguably been the takeover by PepsiCo of its two major bottlers. just-drinks' leading writers round-up a tumultuous year in this month's briefing.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends