Champagne shipments in 2002 reached their highest point since 1999 and third highest level ever at 287.65m bottles, a 9.5% increase on 2001, according to the figures released by the Comité Interprofessionnel du Vin de Champagne (CIVC). With stock levels in most important export markets, notably the UK and USA, almost non-existent at the start of 2002 and good re-ordering widely reported in January 2003, shipments are thought to be very close to sales for the first time since 1998. A feature of this report has to be the wealth of data giving you a great market insight. Shipments by sector, grape prices, highs and lows of production, hectares in actual production and export values are just a few of the areas discussed here.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- How has craft beer put the squeeze on world beers?
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Heineken signs JV deal in Philippines
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Pernod gives Malibu global summer push
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends