BRIEFING: An introduction to the drinks industry in India
This month's briefing provides a sector-by-sector overview of the beverage market in India. We look at the growing importance of the wine industry and how high taxation is a big hurdle to its promising growth. The major players in the spirits industry are profiled, including United Breweries and Seagram, and the Indian regulation of liquor production and imports is reviewed. The entry of new international players in the Beer market, such as Heineken, Cobra, Anheuser-Busch and Carlsberg, is discussed, along with the proposed de-linking of beer from spirits. We also look at the latest happenings in the soft drink sectors, namely carbonated soft drinks, fruit juice, packaged water, energy drinks, hot drinks and milk.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future