BRIEFING: An introduction to the drinks industry in India
October 2007 management briefing
This month's briefing provides a sector-by-sector overview of the beverage market in India. We look at the growing importance of the wine industry and how high taxation is a big hurdle to its promising growth. The major players in the spirits industry are profiled, including United Breweries and Seagram, and the Indian regulation of liquor production and imports is reviewed. The entry of new international players in the Beer market, such as Heineken, Cobra, Anheuser-Busch and Carlsberg, is discussed, along with the proposed de-linking of beer from spirits. We also look at the latest happenings in the soft drink sectors, namely carbonated soft drinks, fruit juice, packaged water, energy drinks, hot drinks and milk.
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign