The beverage business blog from James Wilmore
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: James Wilmore.
The UK health lobby is always very vocal on alcohol at this time of year, predictably so, and this year is no different...
Advertising can be a strange beast...
Sean 'Diddy' Combs, the US rapper and entrepreneur, has publicly turned against his apparent former favourite Tequlia brand, Patron, now that he is joint-owner of DeLeón Tequila...
A large swathe of wine and spirits folk gathered for the IWSC's annual awards banquet at London's Guild Hall last night...
Today's news that German spirits firm Mast-Jägermeister has joined UK responsible drinking organisation The Portman Group may raise eyebrows in some quarters...
SABMiller's bid to widen the appeal of beer is very much in evidence at its latest 'House of Peroni' - with beer cocktails and a bigger bottle for the Italian lager brand on offer...
Heineken has stepped up its focus on stay-at-home drinkers with the roll out of its latest 'draught beer at home' concept - The Sub - to its domestic market...
Is Heineken hoping to repeat the trick that shot Magners to fame with its new Strongbow campaign in the US?..
How many beer mugs can one man carry?..
I got 99 beers. Oh, no, hang on 3 Sep 14
Often there's no guessing when a marketing prank will hit the spot and when it won't...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future