The just-drinks interview - The new Maxxium
Yesterday (1 April) signalled both an end and a beginning for Maxxium, the global sales and distribution joint venture created by Beam Global Spirits & Wine, The Edrington Group and Remy Cointreau in 1999. In those ten years, the company has gained one partner - Vin & Sprit in 2001 - and lost two, with Vin & Sprit calling time last year, and Remy Cointreau pulling out yesterday. The two remaining members subsequently decided to pool their resources, rather than go it alone. Speaking to just-drinks, the MD for Beam Global's international operations, Donard Gaynor, and group sales and marketing director at Edrington, Bill Farrar, look back at the break-up process, and consider how the new Maxxium - of which they will be co-chairmen - will perform in the current economic climate.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban