Latest drinks industry interviews
just-drinks uses its unrivalled access to the top industry executives to bring you interviews with the personalities shaping the news all year round.
The owner of the largest US whiskey brand in the world has bought into Ireland to create a new whiskey brand. Can Brown-Forman make Slane Wh...
At almost 75 years old, Augusto Reina could be taking it easy on an Italian beach somewhere. Instead, he's suited, booted and every bit the...
This week, we speak to the head brewer at Badger Ales brewer Hall & Woodhouse, and just-drinks subscriber, Toby Heasman....
This week, we speak to the MD of Australia's Tyrrell’s Wines, and just-drinks subscriber, Bruce Tyrrell....
The Rugby World Cup is just over one week old and the event is dominating the television, radio and newspapers here in the UK. As one of the event's headline sponsors, Heineken hopes that this level of interest will continue, right through to the final on 31 October. Earlier today, just-drinks spoke to Heineken's global activation director, Hans Erik Tuijt, about the brewer's activities in and around the tournament, the balance of power between television and digital marketing and whether the host nation's continued presence in the event actually matters.
It's almost two years since Walsh Whiskey Distillery sold a stake to Italy's Illva Saronno, resulting in a healthy cash injection that is funding the construction of a new distillery for the Carlow-based Irish whiskey producer. Earlier this month, just-drinks met Walsh Whiskey's founder, Bernard Walsh, to talk about the category in general and the future for Walsh in particular.
Lucas Bols has seen a lot of changes recently. Earlier this month, just-drinks spoke to CEO Huub van Doorne about the company's IPO earlier this year, as well as the increasingly-crowded US spirits market and how best to target China's new cocktail culture.
This week, we speak to the CEO of Bundaberg Brewed Drinks, and just-drinks subscriber, John Mclean.
Last week, Mast-Jägermeister, the German owner of the Jägermeister herbal liqueur, took control of its US distributor Sidney Frank Importing Co. Part of Mast-Jägermeister's new strategy to control distribution in its core markets, the acquisition was otherwise noteworthy because of the important role Sidney Frank has played in Jägermeister's global rise.With Jägermeister sales in the US under pressure, Mast-Jägermeister is looking to move away from its famous brand's reputation as a party shot and embrace the new craft spirits culture. But, as Mast-Jägermeister executive board member Michael Volke told just-drinks from New York last week, not completely away.
This week, we speak to the CEO of Myx Fusions, and just-drinks subscriber, Peter Reaske.
This week, we speak to the CEO of the UK arm of Mast-Jägermeister, and just-drinks subscriber, Guy Lawrence.
This week, we speak to the CEO of Zodiac Spirits, and just-drinks subscriber, Dan Liguori.
This week, we speak to Jens Bernardo Helmbaek, commercial manager at Nordic wine & spirit distributor, and just-drinks subscriber, Valora Trade Beverages.
Pernod Ricard's Cognac unit, Maison Martell, is about to celebrate its 300th anniversary. just-drinks caught up with Philippe Guettat, Martell's CEO & chairman, to discuss how the party preparations are going, why China demand is at a crossroads and what lies ahead for the unit in Africa.
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- The new Johnnie Walker ad and today's consumers
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- Moet Hennessy hails Formula One deal for Chandon
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research