The Wehring Interview - May 2011 - Heineken's CEO
This week is book-ended sports-wise for Heineken. Last weekend saw Leinster mug Northampton Saints in the Heineken Cup final. Then, this Saturday, Barcelona meet Manchester United in the Heineken-sponsored Champions' League final. In between these two duels, we offer an exclusive, two-part interview with Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, who boasts a good knowledge of one of the two sports.
This month, we have decided to run The Wehring Interview over two instalments. After all, having waited so long to speak to Heineken's CEO, I have a lot of questions for him. Luckily, I've been granted plenty of time in which to ask them.
The head of Heineken sees Africa as "the cornerstone" of the brewer's business, with strong potential across the continent for both mainstream and premium beer, he has told just-drinks in an exclusive interview.
In part one of my interview with Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, which ran earlier this week, we took a close look at the brewer's purchase of FEMSA Cerveza last year. We also started a world tour of beer markets, discussing Europe, Russia, Brazil and Mexico.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages