The Wehring Interview - May 2011 - Heineken's CEO
This week is book-ended sports-wise for Heineken. Last weekend saw Leinster mug Northampton Saints in the Heineken Cup final. Then, this Saturday, Barcelona meet Manchester United in the Heineken-sponsored Champions' League final. In between these two duels, we offer an exclusive, two-part interview with Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, who boasts a good knowledge of one of the two sports.
This month, we have decided to run The Wehring Interview over two instalments. After all, having waited so long to speak to Heineken's CEO, I have a lot of questions for him. Luckily, I've been granted plenty of time in which to ask them.
The head of Heineken sees Africa as "the cornerstone" of the brewer's business, with strong potential across the continent for both mainstream and premium beer, he has told just-drinks in an exclusive interview.
In part one of my interview with Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, which ran earlier this week, we took a close look at the brewer's purchase of FEMSA Cerveza last year. We also started a world tour of beer markets, discussing Europe, Russia, Brazil and Mexico.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Molson Coors' Rekorderlig Cider Cocktails - NPD
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends