The Wehring Interview - May 2011 - Heineken's CEO
This week is book-ended sports-wise for Heineken. Last weekend saw Leinster mug Northampton Saints in the Heineken Cup final. Then, this Saturday, Barcelona meet Manchester United in the Heineken-sponsored Champions' League final. In between these two duels, we offer an exclusive, two-part interview with Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, who boasts a good knowledge of one of the two sports.
This month, we have decided to run The Wehring Interview over two instalments. After all, having waited so long to speak to Heineken's CEO, I have a lot of questions for him. Luckily, I've been granted plenty of time in which to ask them.
The head of Heineken sees Africa as "the cornerstone" of the brewer's business, with strong potential across the continent for both mainstream and premium beer, he has told just-drinks in an exclusive interview.
In part one of my interview with Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, which ran earlier this week, we took a close look at the brewer's purchase of FEMSA Cerveza last year. We also started a world tour of beer markets, discussing Europe, Russia, Brazil and Mexico.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends