The Wehring Interview - January 2011 - William Grant & Sons
It's taken a while to nail down Stella David. Having logged a request with William Grant back in April last year, it's only this week that David has finally managed to find time to meet me for half an hour. Considering the year the UK-based spirits firm had in 2010, though, it's little wonder that I had to wait until January 2011.
Every month, managing editor Olly Wehring turns his spotlight into the eyes of a senior drinks executive. First up in 2011 is the CEO of William Grant & Sons, Stella David.
C&C Group has lined up the sale of its spirits and liqueur unit to William Grant & Sons for EUR300m (US$399.4m).
William Grant & Sons, the Scotch whisky group and owner of distribution business First Drinks, has appointed Bacardi's marketing head Stella David as its new CEO.
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends