The Wehring Interview - January 2011 - William Grant & Sons
It's taken a while to nail down Stella David. Having logged a request with William Grant back in April last year, it's only this week that David has finally managed to find time to meet me for half an hour. Considering the year the UK-based spirits firm had in 2010, though, it's little wonder that I had to wait until January 2011.
Every month, managing editor Olly Wehring turns his spotlight into the eyes of a senior drinks executive. First up in 2011 is the CEO of William Grant & Sons, Stella David.
C&C Group has lined up the sale of its spirits and liqueur unit to William Grant & Sons for EUR300m (US$399.4m).
William Grant & Sons, the Scotch whisky group and owner of distribution business First Drinks, has appointed Bacardi's marketing head Stella David as its new CEO.
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends