The just-drinks Interview
The big, monthly interview
Late last month, Gilles Bogaert, the recently-appointed managing director of finance - CFO, if you will - for Pernod Ricard came to the UK to look over the company's most recent set of figures. While in the country, Olly Wehring took the opportunity to grill Bogaert about the last six months for Pernod, how the downturn has affected the company, and what Pernod would do if - when? - the bargains come knocking.
In the first just-drinks interview of 2010, we sit down with John Beard, CEO of Whyte & Mackay, and ask him about his first nine months in the hotseat, his company's relationship with its Indian owners and where he sees opportunity for growth going forward. Go on, take a guess.
As one of the world’s best known beer brands, Stella Artois has a new challenge on its hands: the US market. Simon Warburton talks to the beer's global brand director, Jorn Socquet, and looks at the challenges and opportunities for the product following the mega-merger in 2008 of InBev with Anheuser-Busch.
On the six-month anniversary of Cobra Beer's rescue from collapse in the UK by Molson Coors, just-drinks deputy editor Chris Mercer spoke with Cobra founder Lord Karan Bilimoria about the dark days and why he feels that the brand is poised for future growth.
At only 37 years old, Alexandre Ricard's swift ascent on the Pernod Ricard power ladder has turned heads in the industry. His latest role, as CEO of Irish Distillers, has coincided with strong growth for the group's Jameson Irish whiskey brand. Just-drinks deputy editor Chris Mercer catches up with the hotly-tipped Pernod protege during a fly-by visit to London.
The opportunity to grab some time with the chief marketing officer of a company the size of The Coca-Cola Co. doesn't come along very often. However, when just-drinks was invited to Zurich by the company last week, the chance to grab an audience with Joe Tripodi was the clincher. Olly Wehring puts the questions to Tripodi, and his time starts... now.
Yesterday (2 September), Brown-Forman posted a better-than-expected set of first quarter results. Company CEO, Paul Varga spoke exclusively to just-drinks yesterday afternoon, to explain the secret behind the wine and spirit firm's success, and his hopes for the next fiscal year.
Yesterday (27 August), Diageo reported its full-year results. Although the company managed to hit its full-year guidance, the group's warning that this year will be tough suggests that Diageo has its work cut out in fiscal 2010. Speaking exclusively to just-drinks yesterday afternoon, group CEO Paul Walsh talks about the trials and tribulations of the past 12 months – including, of course, the ongoing row in Scotland.
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Half-year sales lift for Pernod Ricard
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research