Tax Free World Association Global Travel Retail Exhibition 2016
In October, the Tax Free World Association held its annual World Exhibition & Conference in Cannes, France. Here's a full round-up of just-drinks' coverage of the event.
As the Travel Retail industry gathers for next week's TFWA World Exhibition amid the luxury yachts and pampered pooches of sunny Cannes, this most global of sales channels has much to ponder.
Patrón Spirits is to test-launch a Sherry cask-matured Tequila in Global Travel Retail ahead of a wider roll-out.
The head of SPI Group has said the company won't neglect its vodka brands as it unveils plans to bolster its brown spirits portfolio.
New European Union regulations on nutritional labelling could put an end to alcohol exclusives in the Global Travel Retail channel, the head of the Tax Free World Association has warned.
A "personalised" bottle has helped drive up sales of Baileys by 60% in Dublin airport, Diageo has said, as the company embarks on a personalisation push for the brand in Global Travel Retail.
The outlook for the Travel Retail channel in Russia remains bleak, although sales of high-end alcoholic drinks may be unaffected by the country's economic troubles, an audience has heard.
Travel Retail is facing one of its toughest environments in recent years, the president of the Tax Free World Association has said, as global uncertainty helped push down annual sales for the first time in six years.
Modest growth for global travel retail: Global travel retail sales of wines and spirits, including pre-mix drinks, rose by a modest 1.8% in 2014, reaching 30.2m nine-litre cases in what was a year of mixed fortunes. Value trends were more positive, with travel retail wine and spirits sales rising 7.7% in 2014 to reach nearly US$9bn, excluding still light wine and mixed drinks. This report will help you and your company by delivering only the most important global strategic business information for the category
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends