Spotlight - Foster's Group's Demerger
Foster's Group confirmed earlier this week that it will demerge its beer and wine units. The long-expected split has thrown up a wealth of possible future scenarios. For the full details, take a look below.
Foster's shares leapt nearly 10% on Wednesday (26 May) on speculation that, minus its troubled wines business, it may now become the subject of a takeover bid.
The new head of Coca-Cola Amatil's alcoholic beverages business has ruled out a move for Foster's soon-to-be demerged beer business.
Will SABMiller finally break cover and go for a big acquisition or should we look to Asia to provide a suitor for Foster's beer business? Here, just-drinks takes a look at the names in the hat.
The gift of hindsight shows that Foster's' acquisition of Southcorp may have precipitated the beginning of a long, slow death.
Foster's Group has indicated that it will listen to takeover offers, after its decision to demerge the firm's wine and beer businesses rekindled market speculation.
Foster's Group has today (26 May) confirmed that it will demerge its beer and wine units.
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- Moet Hennessy hails Formula One deal for Chandon
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research