Spotlight - Foster's Group's Demerger
Foster's Group confirmed earlier this week that it will demerge its beer and wine units. The long-expected split has thrown up a wealth of possible future scenarios. For the full details, take a look below.
Foster's shares leapt nearly 10% on Wednesday (26 May) on speculation that, minus its troubled wines business, it may now become the subject of a takeover bid.
The new head of Coca-Cola Amatil's alcoholic beverages business has ruled out a move for Foster's soon-to-be demerged beer business.
Will SABMiller finally break cover and go for a big acquisition or should we look to Asia to provide a suitor for Foster's beer business? Here, just-drinks takes a look at the names in the hat.
The gift of hindsight shows that Foster's' acquisition of Southcorp may have precipitated the beginning of a long, slow death.
Foster's Group has indicated that it will listen to takeover offers, after its decision to demerge the firm's wine and beer businesses rekindled market speculation.
Foster's Group has today (26 May) confirmed that it will demerge its beer and wine units.
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- Brazil could have been worse - Coca-Cola Co CEO
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman