Spotlight - Foster's Group's Demerger
Foster's Group confirmed earlier this week that it will demerge its beer and wine units. The long-expected split has thrown up a wealth of possible future scenarios. For the full details, take a look below.
Foster's shares leapt nearly 10% on Wednesday (26 May) on speculation that, minus its troubled wines business, it may now become the subject of a takeover bid.
The new head of Coca-Cola Amatil's alcoholic beverages business has ruled out a move for Foster's soon-to-be demerged beer business.
Will SABMiller finally break cover and go for a big acquisition or should we look to Asia to provide a suitor for Foster's beer business? Here, just-drinks takes a look at the names in the hat.
The gift of hindsight shows that Foster's' acquisition of Southcorp may have precipitated the beginning of a long, slow death.
Foster's Group has indicated that it will listen to takeover offers, after its decision to demerge the firm's wine and beer businesses rekindled market speculation.
Foster's Group has today (26 May) confirmed that it will demerge its beer and wine units.
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- US craft beer growth slows again - IRI figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits