Spotlight - Foster's Group's Demerger
Foster's Group confirmed earlier this week that it will demerge its beer and wine units. The long-expected split has thrown up a wealth of possible future scenarios. For the full details, take a look below.
Foster's shares leapt nearly 10% on Wednesday (26 May) on speculation that, minus its troubled wines business, it may now become the subject of a takeover bid.
The new head of Coca-Cola Amatil's alcoholic beverages business has ruled out a move for Foster's soon-to-be demerged beer business.
Will SABMiller finally break cover and go for a big acquisition or should we look to Asia to provide a suitor for Foster's beer business? Here, just-drinks takes a look at the names in the hat.
The gift of hindsight shows that Foster's' acquisition of Southcorp may have precipitated the beginning of a long, slow death.
Foster's Group has indicated that it will listen to takeover offers, after its decision to demerge the firm's wine and beer businesses rekindled market speculation.
Foster's Group has today (26 May) confirmed that it will demerge its beer and wine units.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer