Round-Up - The Trials and Tribulations of Belvédère
France-based Belvédère Group has spent the last year juggling its debt, while looking for a suitor to buy its Marie Brizard unit. Here's the back-story and the latest
Belvédère needs to wrap up the sale of Marie Brizard, and soon, or market jitters could spell serious problems.
Belvédère has suffered a potentially serious setback to its financial recovery plan after a court confirmed that the French drinks group must pay back debt more quickly than previously expected.
Belvédère has announced the signature of an agreement with Global Emerging Markets Group (GEMG) with the US firm set to invest up to EUR70m (US$89m) in the drinks group over the next three years.
Troubled French drinks group Belvédère has seen net losses for 2009 plunge to EUR177.6m (US$234m).
French drinks group Belvédère is in negotiations with several potential candidates over the sale of its Marie Brizard business, which produces William Peel Scotch whisky.
A commercial court in Dijon, eastern France, has approved a relaunch plan presented by embattled French drinks group Belvédère that will reschedule the group's debt over 10 years.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Global Tequila market hits new highs in 2014
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets