Round-Up - The End of Fortune Brands?
Fortune Brands has confirmed today (8 December) that it will split its three businesses but hold on to Beam Global Spirits & Wine. just-drinks' coverage of the situation is all here.
Bacardi could emerge as the supporting actor for Diageo's tilt at Beam Global Spirits & Wine, according drinks analysts.
Fortune Brand's decision to split into three independent businesses is the first step to unlocking the full value of the firm's portfolio, however it seems investors may need patience if they are to understand the true value of the separation, analysts wrote this week.
The writing has been on the walls of Fortune Brands' offices in Illinois for about two months. The conglomerate's confirmation yesterday that it will split up its three business units was clear to see back in October, when hedge fund firm Pershing Square Capital Management announced it had upped its stake in Fortune to 11%. Considering Pershing's previous history of pushing companies to sell off corporate divisions, one can understand that the countdown on Fortune began very soon after Pershing's announcement.
Fortune Brands this morning (8 December) confirmed that it will break up its three business units and will look to become "focused solely" on its Beam Global Spirits & Wine division. Here just-drinks takes a closer look at the firm's wine and spirits division.
Fortune Brands has confirmed that it will break up its three business units and will look to become "focused solely" on its Beam Global Spirits & Wine division.
Fortune Brands has declined to comment on whether it has held talks with activist shareholder Bill Ackman on splitting and selling the group's spirits, golf and home businesses.
The owner of Beam Global Spirits & Wine, Fortune Brands, is facing pressure from an activist shareholder to split and sell its drinks, golf and home businesses, according to a report.
- Pernod Ricard's Q3 2017 trading update - Preview
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- How soft drinks brands manage to offend consumers
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- William Grant snaps up Tuthilltown Spirits in US
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020