Round-Up - The End of Fortune Brands?
Fortune Brands has confirmed today (8 December) that it will split its three businesses but hold on to Beam Global Spirits & Wine. just-drinks' coverage of the situation is all here.
Bacardi could emerge as the supporting actor for Diageo's tilt at Beam Global Spirits & Wine, according drinks analysts.
Fortune Brand's decision to split into three independent businesses is the first step to unlocking the full value of the firm's portfolio, however it seems investors may need patience if they are to understand the true value of the separation, analysts wrote this week.
The writing has been on the walls of Fortune Brands' offices in Illinois for about two months. The conglomerate's confirmation yesterday that it will split up its three business units was clear to see back in October, when hedge fund firm Pershing Square Capital Management announced it had upped its stake in Fortune to 11%. Considering Pershing's previous history of pushing companies to sell off corporate divisions, one can understand that the countdown on Fortune began very soon after Pershing's announcement.
Fortune Brands this morning (8 December) confirmed that it will break up its three business units and will look to become "focused solely" on its Beam Global Spirits & Wine division. Here just-drinks takes a closer look at the firm's wine and spirits division.
Fortune Brands has confirmed that it will break up its three business units and will look to become "focused solely" on its Beam Global Spirits & Wine division.
Fortune Brands has declined to comment on whether it has held talks with activist shareholder Bill Ackman on splitting and selling the group's spirits, golf and home businesses.
The owner of Beam Global Spirits & Wine, Fortune Brands, is facing pressure from an activist shareholder to split and sell its drinks, golf and home businesses, according to a report.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future