Round-Up - The End of Fortune Brands?
Fortune Brands has confirmed today (8 December) that it will split its three businesses but hold on to Beam Global Spirits & Wine. just-drinks' coverage of the situation is all here.
Bacardi could emerge as the supporting actor for Diageo's tilt at Beam Global Spirits & Wine, according drinks analysts.
Fortune Brand's decision to split into three independent businesses is the first step to unlocking the full value of the firm's portfolio, however it seems investors may need patience if they are to understand the true value of the separation, analysts wrote this week.
The writing has been on the walls of Fortune Brands' offices in Illinois for about two months. The conglomerate's confirmation yesterday that it will split up its three business units was clear to see back in October, when hedge fund firm Pershing Square Capital Management announced it had upped its stake in Fortune to 11%. Considering Pershing's previous history of pushing companies to sell off corporate divisions, one can understand that the countdown on Fortune began very soon after Pershing's announcement.
Fortune Brands this morning (8 December) confirmed that it will break up its three business units and will look to become "focused solely" on its Beam Global Spirits & Wine division. Here just-drinks takes a closer look at the firm's wine and spirits division.
Fortune Brands has confirmed that it will break up its three business units and will look to become "focused solely" on its Beam Global Spirits & Wine division.
Fortune Brands has declined to comment on whether it has held talks with activist shareholder Bill Ackman on splitting and selling the group's spirits, golf and home businesses.
The owner of Beam Global Spirits & Wine, Fortune Brands, is facing pressure from an activist shareholder to split and sell its drinks, golf and home businesses, according to a report.
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends