Round-Up - The Coca-Cola Co acquires 16.7% of Monster Beverage Corp
In August, The Coca-Cola Co lined up the purchase of 16.7% of Monster Beverage Corp for US$2.15bn. Here's a full round-up of just-drinks' coverage of the news.
The Coca-Cola Co is to hand its energy portfolio to Monster Beverage Corp after agreeing to pay US$2.15bn for a 16.7% stake in the energy drinks company.
Monster Beverage Corporation wants to launch its products in China after the Coca-Cola Co agreed to takes a minority stake in the company.
Two years ago, when serious speculation emerged over a plan by Coca-Cola Co to buy Monster Beverage Corporation, the energy drinks maker had only recently changed its name from Hansen Natural Corp.
After years of speculation, the Coca-Cola Co yesterday finally took the plunge and agreed to snap up a 16.7% stake in Monster Beverage Corporation.
Monster Beverage Corp has attracted a lot of conflicting viewpoints over the past month.
How likely is a takeover of Monster Beverage and will US authorities legislate against the energy drinks category?
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- just the Winners - IWSC Spirits Trophy Winners
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research