Round-Up - The Coca-Cola Co acquires 16.7% of Monster Beverage Corp
In August, The Coca-Cola Co lined up the purchase of 16.7% of Monster Beverage Corp for US$2.15bn. Here's a full round-up of just-drinks' coverage of the news.
The Coca-Cola Co is to hand its energy portfolio to Monster Beverage Corp after agreeing to pay US$2.15bn for a 16.7% stake in the energy drinks company.
Monster Beverage Corporation wants to launch its products in China after the Coca-Cola Co agreed to takes a minority stake in the company.
Two years ago, when serious speculation emerged over a plan by Coca-Cola Co to buy Monster Beverage Corporation, the energy drinks maker had only recently changed its name from Hansen Natural Corp.
After years of speculation, the Coca-Cola Co yesterday finally took the plunge and agreed to snap up a 16.7% stake in Monster Beverage Corporation.
Monster Beverage Corp has attracted a lot of conflicting viewpoints over the past month.
How likely is a takeover of Monster Beverage and will US authorities legislate against the energy drinks category?
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Gallo's vineyard footprint in California - The map
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Heineken snaps up Stellenbrau craft brewery
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends