Round-Up - The Coca-Cola Co acquires 16.7% of Monster Beverage Corp
In August, The Coca-Cola Co lined up the purchase of 16.7% of Monster Beverage Corp for US$2.15bn. Here's a full round-up of just-drinks' coverage of the news.
The Coca-Cola Co is to hand its energy portfolio to Monster Beverage Corp after agreeing to pay US$2.15bn for a 16.7% stake in the energy drinks company.
Monster Beverage Corporation wants to launch its products in China after the Coca-Cola Co agreed to takes a minority stake in the company.
Two years ago, when serious speculation emerged over a plan by Coca-Cola Co to buy Monster Beverage Corporation, the energy drinks maker had only recently changed its name from Hansen Natural Corp.
After years of speculation, the Coca-Cola Co yesterday finally took the plunge and agreed to snap up a 16.7% stake in Monster Beverage Corporation.
Monster Beverage Corp has attracted a lot of conflicting viewpoints over the past month.
How likely is a takeover of Monster Beverage and will US authorities legislate against the energy drinks category?
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report