Round-Up - The Coca-Cola Co acquires 16.7% of Monster Beverage Corp
In August, The Coca-Cola Co lined up the purchase of 16.7% of Monster Beverage Corp for US$2.15bn. Here's a full round-up of just-drinks' coverage of the news.
The Coca-Cola Co is to hand its energy portfolio to Monster Beverage Corp after agreeing to pay US$2.15bn for a 16.7% stake in the energy drinks company.
Monster Beverage Corporation wants to launch its products in China after the Coca-Cola Co agreed to takes a minority stake in the company.
Two years ago, when serious speculation emerged over a plan by Coca-Cola Co to buy Monster Beverage Corporation, the energy drinks maker had only recently changed its name from Hansen Natural Corp.
After years of speculation, the Coca-Cola Co yesterday finally took the plunge and agreed to snap up a 16.7% stake in Monster Beverage Corporation.
Monster Beverage Corp has attracted a lot of conflicting viewpoints over the past month.
How likely is a takeover of Monster Beverage and will US authorities legislate against the energy drinks category?
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Anheuser-Busch InBev shuts fourth Russian brewery
- Mallya stays chairman at Diageo's United Spirits