Round-Up - The Coca-Cola Co acquires 16.7% of Monster Beverage Corp
In August, The Coca-Cola Co lined up the purchase of 16.7% of Monster Beverage Corp for US$2.15bn. Here's a full round-up of just-drinks' coverage of the news.
The Coca-Cola Co is to hand its energy portfolio to Monster Beverage Corp after agreeing to pay US$2.15bn for a 16.7% stake in the energy drinks company.
Monster Beverage Corporation wants to launch its products in China after the Coca-Cola Co agreed to takes a minority stake in the company.
Two years ago, when serious speculation emerged over a plan by Coca-Cola Co to buy Monster Beverage Corporation, the energy drinks maker had only recently changed its name from Hansen Natural Corp.
After years of speculation, the Coca-Cola Co yesterday finally took the plunge and agreed to snap up a 16.7% stake in Monster Beverage Corporation.
Monster Beverage Corp has attracted a lot of conflicting viewpoints over the past month.
How likely is a takeover of Monster Beverage and will US authorities legislate against the energy drinks category?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends