Round-Up - SABMiller Full-Year Results
Hats off to SABMiller who, this week, used all the media tools in its armoury to cover its full-year results. As a reward, here's a round-up of just-drinks' coverage of the announcement.
SABMiller has reported a solid rise in net sales and a strong increase in profits for its latest fiscal year, despite ongoing fragile consumer demand for beer.
The CEO of SABMiller has said he believes the global brewing industry is still consolidating, despite anti-trust and controlling shareholder hurdles in markets around the world.
SABMiller could seek to further streamline its production facilities in parts of Europe and North America if consumer demand for beer continues to be weak.
Click play, below, to view the thoughts of SABMiller's CEO, Graham Mackay, on the brewer's performance in the year to the end of March.
SABMiller will report its full-year results on Thursday (19 May). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the highs and lows for the brewer in the three months to the end of March.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends