Round-Up - SABMiller agrees deal with Foster's Group
Foster's Group has decided to emerge from the barricades and play ball with SABMiller. You can find just-drinks' comprehensive coverage - from both sides of the fence - right here.
The CEO of SABMiller has sought to head-off scepticism over the brewer's deal to acquire Foster's Group, stressing that the move will immediately add value to its business.
The head of Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has hailed SABMiller's takeover agreement with Foster's as "a great deal" for the company.
It's not too late to beat SABMiller's bid for Foster's Group, apparently.
conference call about his board's recommendation of SABMiller's latest offer. Click play below to hear the conference and the Q&A afterwards.
SABMiller's takeover deal for Foster's Group has raised eyebrows about the Peroni brewer's strategy. Here, the maturity of Australia's beer market is underlined by consumption figures going back to 1945.
The arrival of an agreement between Foster's Group and SABMiller over the latter's bid for the former earlier today has come about – in part – following an improved bid by SAB, as one would expect. How much that improvement equates to, however, is open to confusion and Foster's appears all too keen to keep those waters murky.
SABMiller has agreed a deal to buy Foster's Group for AUD5.1 per share in cash, in a deal valuing the business at AUD12.3bn (US$12.6bn), including debt.
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends