Round-Up - SABMiller agrees deal with Foster's Group
Foster's Group has decided to emerge from the barricades and play ball with SABMiller. You can find just-drinks' comprehensive coverage - from both sides of the fence - right here.
The CEO of SABMiller has sought to head-off scepticism over the brewer's deal to acquire Foster's Group, stressing that the move will immediately add value to its business.
The head of Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has hailed SABMiller's takeover agreement with Foster's as "a great deal" for the company.
It's not too late to beat SABMiller's bid for Foster's Group, apparently.
conference call about his board's recommendation of SABMiller's latest offer. Click play below to hear the conference and the Q&A afterwards.
SABMiller's takeover deal for Foster's Group has raised eyebrows about the Peroni brewer's strategy. Here, the maturity of Australia's beer market is underlined by consumption figures going back to 1945.
The arrival of an agreement between Foster's Group and SABMiller over the latter's bid for the former earlier today has come about – in part – following an improved bid by SAB, as one would expect. How much that improvement equates to, however, is open to confusion and Foster's appears all too keen to keep those waters murky.
SABMiller has agreed a deal to buy Foster's Group for AUD5.1 per share in cash, in a deal valuing the business at AUD12.3bn (US$12.6bn), including debt.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets