Round-Up - PepsiCo's Q3 & YTD Results 2013
In mid-October, PepsiCo released its Q3 and year-to-date results. Here's a round-up of just-drinks' coverage of the company's performance in the three and nine month periods.
PepsiCo has posted a strong jump in year-to-date group profits, but North American beverages dragged on the Q3 performance as CSD volumes dropped by mid-single digits.
The Coca-Cola Co and PepsiCo's third-quarter results both hit the pavement this week, with contrasting performances for the beverage rivals in their home market.
PepsiCo's North American beverage volumes will have dropped 20% in the four years before 2015 if current rates of decline continue, an analyst has warned.
The past couple of months have seen much talk over Nelson Peltz's manoeuvrings to pressure PepsiCo into paring off its beverage units into a stand-alone company ahead of a possible sell off.
PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi has admitted that a slowdown in US diet soda sales has been more rapid than expected.
PepsiCo will report its third-quarter and year-to-date results on Wednesday (16 October). Here just-drinks takes a look at the company's highs and lows in the three months to the end of September.
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends