Round-Up - London International Wine Fair 2012
Traditionally one of the busiest events for just-drinks, this year's wine fair was no exception. Here's a round-up of our coverage of the three-day trade fair.
As the third and final day of the trade fair draws to a close and my footsteps fall heavier in the aisles of ExCel, it's time to assess what it's all been for. The visitor numbers look like coming in at about the same level as last year, give or take 100 or so.
'Cocooning' - staying at home to drink - is now a neccesity for many in Western Europe, rather than a lifestyle choice like it was in the 1990s.
What's eating the grape industry? I'd had a heads-up what the mood might be at the London International Wine Fair (LIWF) this week, after being summoned to an unprecedented pre-event briefing by the organisers, where the broad message was: ignore all the carping, it's going to be brilliant!
Another year, another wine fair. Isn't that what you're supposed to say? Except this was my first LIWF, and there's no jaundiced-eyed view here - I had a rare old time.
Wine branding needs to get simple, according to the creator of a new, stripped-down label that is proving popular with UK consumers.
The Tesco category director for beer wine & spirits has criticised the wine industry for its lack of innovation and failure to communicate properly with consumers.
Russia’s wine market will continue to grow this year, helped by a record grape harvest and support from the country’s authorities, according to a new report.
Brazil is at the centre of a growing wine trade war over Government plans to restrict imports to the country.
Tetra Pak has launched what it claims is the first 75cl wine carton for the UK market.
Treasury Wine Estates' Beringer Classics
China will continue to dominate growth in emerging market wine sales over the next five years, according to Euromonitor International.
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review