Round-Up - Heineken's, SABMiller's Latest Numbers
Both Heineken and SABMiller released their latest set of results this week. Here, we bring together our coverage of the two global brewers.
Don't go getting too excited about talk of improvements in mature beer markets.
Heineken does not expect to maintain its strong volumes and profits momentum from the first quarter due to higher costs and tougher comparables later in the year, but the brewer is encouraged by gains in emerging markets.
Africa's thirst for beer has helped Heineken to claw back sales lost in the first quarter of 2010, while cost savings boosted profits.
SABMiller is looking in good shape at the end of its most recent financial year, thanks to strong consumer demand for beer in Africa, Asia and Latin America. In this impromptu mid-week Spotlight, just-drinks looks at the initial market reaction.
SABMiller has reported a lift in volumes for its latest fiscal year, noting that its financial performance is “in line” with its expectations.
Heineken will report its first quarter results on 20 April. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the highs and lows for the brewer over the three months to the end of March.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets