Round-Up - Heineken's, SABMiller's Latest Numbers
Both Heineken and SABMiller released their latest set of results this week. Here, we bring together our coverage of the two global brewers.
Don't go getting too excited about talk of improvements in mature beer markets.
Heineken does not expect to maintain its strong volumes and profits momentum from the first quarter due to higher costs and tougher comparables later in the year, but the brewer is encouraged by gains in emerging markets.
Africa's thirst for beer has helped Heineken to claw back sales lost in the first quarter of 2010, while cost savings boosted profits.
SABMiller is looking in good shape at the end of its most recent financial year, thanks to strong consumer demand for beer in Africa, Asia and Latin America. In this impromptu mid-week Spotlight, just-drinks looks at the initial market reaction.
SABMiller has reported a lift in volumes for its latest fiscal year, noting that its financial performance is “in line” with its expectations.
Heineken will report its first quarter results on 20 April. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the highs and lows for the brewer over the three months to the end of March.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts