Round-Up - Heineken's, SABMiller's Latest Numbers
Both Heineken and SABMiller released their latest set of results this week. Here, we bring together our coverage of the two global brewers.
Don't go getting too excited about talk of improvements in mature beer markets.
Heineken does not expect to maintain its strong volumes and profits momentum from the first quarter due to higher costs and tougher comparables later in the year, but the brewer is encouraged by gains in emerging markets.
Africa's thirst for beer has helped Heineken to claw back sales lost in the first quarter of 2010, while cost savings boosted profits.
SABMiller is looking in good shape at the end of its most recent financial year, thanks to strong consumer demand for beer in Africa, Asia and Latin America. In this impromptu mid-week Spotlight, just-drinks looks at the initial market reaction.
SABMiller has reported a lift in volumes for its latest fiscal year, noting that its financial performance is “in line” with its expectations.
Heineken will report its first quarter results on 20 April. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the highs and lows for the brewer over the three months to the end of March.
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends