Round-Up - Heineken's, SABMiller's Latest Numbers
Both Heineken and SABMiller released their latest set of results this week. Here, we bring together our coverage of the two global brewers.
Don't go getting too excited about talk of improvements in mature beer markets.
Heineken does not expect to maintain its strong volumes and profits momentum from the first quarter due to higher costs and tougher comparables later in the year, but the brewer is encouraged by gains in emerging markets.
Africa's thirst for beer has helped Heineken to claw back sales lost in the first quarter of 2010, while cost savings boosted profits.
SABMiller is looking in good shape at the end of its most recent financial year, thanks to strong consumer demand for beer in Africa, Asia and Latin America. In this impromptu mid-week Spotlight, just-drinks looks at the initial market reaction.
SABMiller has reported a lift in volumes for its latest fiscal year, noting that its financial performance is “in line” with its expectations.
Heineken will report its first quarter results on 20 April. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the highs and lows for the brewer over the three months to the end of March.
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- AB InBev raises SAB cash offer by GBP1 per share
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends