Round-Up - Foster's Group Bid Froth
Speculation about potential bids for Foster's Group's Australian beer business has reached fever pitch with news that Grupo Modelo may about to throw its hat in the ring. Here, just-drinks rounds up the recent coverage.
There continues to be doubt that Anheuser-Busch InBev would back a Grupo Modelo move for Foster's Group, while SABMiller's interest in the Australian brewer looks lukewarm, according to JP Morgan analysts.
As takeover speculation on Foster's Group froths, just-drinks takes a look back at the bid talk and the key dates in the group's demerger voyage over the last 15 months.
Grupo Modelo is set to meet with Anheuser-Busch InBev to seek permission to launch a takeover bid for Foster's Group, according to a report.
Grupo Modelo is the surprise addition to a growing list of possible suitors for Foster's Group's Australian beer business. Who will it be next week?
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range