Round-Up - Foster's Group Bid Froth
Speculation about potential bids for Foster's Group's Australian beer business has reached fever pitch with news that Grupo Modelo may about to throw its hat in the ring. Here, just-drinks rounds up the recent coverage.
There continues to be doubt that Anheuser-Busch InBev would back a Grupo Modelo move for Foster's Group, while SABMiller's interest in the Australian brewer looks lukewarm, according to JP Morgan analysts.
As takeover speculation on Foster's Group froths, just-drinks takes a look back at the bid talk and the key dates in the group's demerger voyage over the last 15 months.
Grupo Modelo is set to meet with Anheuser-Busch InBev to seek permission to launch a takeover bid for Foster's Group, according to a report.
Grupo Modelo is the surprise addition to a growing list of possible suitors for Foster's Group's Australian beer business. Who will it be next week?
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Focus - Pernod Ricard's Q1 sales by brand
- Time for Heineken to make a European break
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Pernod Ricard sees sales lift in Q1