Round-Up - Diageo's H1
Earlier this week, Diageo released its first-half results. A lot of people had a lot to say about the numbers. Here's where we bring it altogether.
Weak consumer confidence in Europe has subdued a rise in sales and profits for Diageo in its fiscal half-year.
Diageo remains cautious about its short-term prospects after reporting that economic problems in Europe took the shine off strong global demand for premium Scotch whisky and vodka in the first half of its fiscal year.
Diageo is openly seeking more acquisitions in emerging markets and might even have a pop at Jim Beam, but the bullish talk was not enough to crush investors' disappointment at the drinks giant's half-year results. Here, just-drinks examines the market reaction.
Diageo's CEO, Paul Walsh, has said that the drinks giant would take a look at Beam Global Spirits & Wine if the business becomes available for acquisition.
Speaking exclusively to just-drinks in London today (10 February), Gilbert Ghostine, Diageo's president for Asia Pacific, looks to the future for the drinks giant across the region, and sees Vietnam as offering healthy returns for Diageo.
Diageo is set to report its second quarter and half-year results tomorrow (10 February). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the highs and lows for Diageo over its second fiscal quarter, the final three months of calendar 2010.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends