Round-Up - Diageo's H1 2012
Here is where just-drinks brings you all of the market chatter, analysis and comment around Diageo's half-year results, released on 9 February.
In Scotch whisky and Sean 'Diddy' Combs Diageo has a lot to be thankful for after a first-half performance that was generally toasted by analysts. Here, just-drinks looks more closely at the market reaction.
The economic strife affecting western Europe is continuing to give Diageo a headache, with uptake in the south of the region in particular bouncing along the bottom.
Diageo has not ruled out future partnerships in India, but has professed to being “happy” with its presence in the burgeoning spirits market.
Diageo remains cautious about its short-term prospects after reporting that economic problems in Europe took the shine off strong global demand for premium Scotch whisky and vodka in the first half of its fiscal year.
Diageo is set to release its H1 and Q2 results on Thursday (9 February). Below, we take a look at the highs and lows for the company in the three months to the end of December.
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The future for drinks industry's waste products
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends