Round-Up - Diageo's H1 2012
Here is where just-drinks brings you all of the market chatter, analysis and comment around Diageo's half-year results, released on 9 February.
In Scotch whisky and Sean 'Diddy' Combs Diageo has a lot to be thankful for after a first-half performance that was generally toasted by analysts. Here, just-drinks looks more closely at the market reaction.
The economic strife affecting western Europe is continuing to give Diageo a headache, with uptake in the south of the region in particular bouncing along the bottom.
Diageo has not ruled out future partnerships in India, but has professed to being “happy” with its presence in the burgeoning spirits market.
Diageo remains cautious about its short-term prospects after reporting that economic problems in Europe took the shine off strong global demand for premium Scotch whisky and vodka in the first half of its fiscal year.
Diageo is set to release its H1 and Q2 results on Thursday (9 February). Below, we take a look at the highs and lows for the company in the three months to the end of December.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China