Round-Up - Diageo's H1 2012
Here is where just-drinks brings you all of the market chatter, analysis and comment around Diageo's half-year results, released on 9 February.
In Scotch whisky and Sean 'Diddy' Combs Diageo has a lot to be thankful for after a first-half performance that was generally toasted by analysts. Here, just-drinks looks more closely at the market reaction.
The economic strife affecting western Europe is continuing to give Diageo a headache, with uptake in the south of the region in particular bouncing along the bottom.
Diageo has not ruled out future partnerships in India, but has professed to being “happy” with its presence in the burgeoning spirits market.
Diageo remains cautious about its short-term prospects after reporting that economic problems in Europe took the shine off strong global demand for premium Scotch whisky and vodka in the first half of its fiscal year.
Diageo is set to release its H1 and Q2 results on Thursday (9 February). Below, we take a look at the highs and lows for the company in the three months to the end of December.
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Will South Africa Raise Drinking Age to 21?
- Focus - The Risks of Acquisitions
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Roust takes on Bushmills distribution in Russia
- Brown-Forman completes Kentucky acquisition
- Campari opens office in Canada
- Coca-Cola, A-B InBev express FIFA concerns
- A-B InBev cuts ribbon on Vietnam brewery
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review