Round-Up - Diageo's H1 2012
Here is where just-drinks brings you all of the market chatter, analysis and comment around Diageo's half-year results, released on 9 February.
In Scotch whisky and Sean 'Diddy' Combs Diageo has a lot to be thankful for after a first-half performance that was generally toasted by analysts. Here, just-drinks looks more closely at the market reaction.
The economic strife affecting western Europe is continuing to give Diageo a headache, with uptake in the south of the region in particular bouncing along the bottom.
Diageo has not ruled out future partnerships in India, but has professed to being “happy” with its presence in the burgeoning spirits market.
Diageo remains cautious about its short-term prospects after reporting that economic problems in Europe took the shine off strong global demand for premium Scotch whisky and vodka in the first half of its fiscal year.
Diageo is set to release its H1 and Q2 results on Thursday (9 February). Below, we take a look at the highs and lows for the company in the three months to the end of December.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research