Round-Up - Diageo Investor Conference 2013 - Africa
Diageo's latest investor conference took place in London earlier this month, with the company highlighting its presence and potential in Africa. The day of presentations was preceded by a media round-table, with Diageo's president for Africa, Turkey, Russia and Central & Eastern Europe, Nick Blazquez, and Andy Fennell, the group's president and COO for Africa. Here's the full round-up of just-drinks' coverage from the two days.
Diageo is hosting an investor conference this week that focuses on the companies operations in Africa. Here, just-drinks reviews the company's African footprint.
Diageo has hailed the successful transition of its Meta Abo beer purchase in Ethiopia, and is looking to piggyback some of its international spirits brands on its brewing footprint in the country.
Diageo is set to give its Guinness beer brand an updated look and fresh marketing push in Africa, as the company looks to boosts its beer bedrock in the continent.
Today (15 October), Diageo is hosting its annual investor conference, which this year highlights the markets in Africa. Here, just-drinks looks at Nigeria, its beverage alcohol landscape and Diageo's presence in the country.
Broad economic and political stability bodes well for future growth in beer and spirits in Africa, but the head of Diageo's operations in the region has conceded that there may be “bumps in the road” for operators in the continent.
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World