Round-Up - Carlsberg's YTD & Q3 Results 2013
Carlsberg announced its nine-month and third-quarter figures in mid-November. Find a round-up of all just-drinks' coverage here
Carlsberg has seen its year-to-date profits edge up after good weather in Western Europe in Q3, but group sales were flat as Eastern Europe remains “challenging”.
The negative impact Carlsberg has felt from Russia's ban on street kiosk beer sales should be over by the end of the year, the group's CEO has predicted.
Earlier today, Carlsberg announced a slight rise in year-to-date net profits, but sales were flat as the group was dragged down by on-going struggles in Russia. Here just-drinks takes a look at the Danish brewer's results by region
Carlsberg has appointed a former Heinz and Coca-Cola Co executive to head up its Asia unit after the previous incumbent quit earlier this year.
Carlsberg has declined to comment directly on reports it is eyeing Chinese brewing groups Tsingtao and Beijing Yanjing among its possible acquisition targets, but said Asia remains “an important part” of its M&A agenda.
Carlsberg will release it third-quarter and year-to-date results on Wednesday (13 November). Here just-drinks takes a look at the brewer's news in the three months to the end of September, and its results for the year so far.
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- New CEO sparks optimism at Coca-Cola - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Johnnie Walker Bourbon Cask & Rye Finish - NPD
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report