Round-Up - Carlsberg's YTD & Q3 Results 2013
Carlsberg announced its nine-month and third-quarter figures in mid-November. Find a round-up of all just-drinks' coverage here
Carlsberg has seen its year-to-date profits edge up after good weather in Western Europe in Q3, but group sales were flat as Eastern Europe remains “challenging”.
The negative impact Carlsberg has felt from Russia's ban on street kiosk beer sales should be over by the end of the year, the group's CEO has predicted.
Earlier today, Carlsberg announced a slight rise in year-to-date net profits, but sales were flat as the group was dragged down by on-going struggles in Russia. Here just-drinks takes a look at the Danish brewer's results by region
Carlsberg has appointed a former Heinz and Coca-Cola Co executive to head up its Asia unit after the previous incumbent quit earlier this year.
Carlsberg has declined to comment directly on reports it is eyeing Chinese brewing groups Tsingtao and Beijing Yanjing among its possible acquisition targets, but said Asia remains “an important part” of its M&A agenda.
Carlsberg will release it third-quarter and year-to-date results on Wednesday (13 November). Here just-drinks takes a look at the brewer's news in the three months to the end of September, and its results for the year so far.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends