Round-Up - CAGNY 2010
This week sees the Consumer Analyst Group of New York conference take place in the US. Among the companies presenting at the event are The Coca-Cola Co, SABMiller and PepsiCo. For the rest of this week, our Hot Topic will be a round-up of stories from the event.
The Coca-Cola Co is looking to invest billions of dollars in key Latin American markets to target a growing number of middle class consumers in the region.
The head of Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) has hailed the success of the company's “price-package architecture” in North America in 2009.
Making beer more affordable is the biggest immediate challenge facing SABMiller in Africa, according to the brewer's managing director of the continent.
French food and beverage giant Danone has reiterated that it intends to focus on emerging and developing markets in 2010 with a target of increasing consumer penetration by 50%.
Soft drinks giant PepsiCo has targeted Russia as a “window of opportunity” for growth and said it now has plans to “step up several gears” in the country.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPSG) has confirmed that its west coast production and distribution facility in the US is on schedule to begin operations by the end of this month.
Mexico-based Fomento Economico Mexicano (FEMSA) is looking to add value to its Coca-Cola FEMSA arm by expanding the business, possibly outside of Latin America.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part II
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends