Round-Up - CAGNY 2010
This week sees the Consumer Analyst Group of New York conference take place in the US. Among the companies presenting at the event are The Coca-Cola Co, SABMiller and PepsiCo. For the rest of this week, our Hot Topic will be a round-up of stories from the event.
The Coca-Cola Co is looking to invest billions of dollars in key Latin American markets to target a growing number of middle class consumers in the region.
The head of Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) has hailed the success of the company's “price-package architecture” in North America in 2009.
Making beer more affordable is the biggest immediate challenge facing SABMiller in Africa, according to the brewer's managing director of the continent.
French food and beverage giant Danone has reiterated that it intends to focus on emerging and developing markets in 2010 with a target of increasing consumer penetration by 50%.
Soft drinks giant PepsiCo has targeted Russia as a “window of opportunity” for growth and said it now has plans to “step up several gears” in the country.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPSG) has confirmed that its west coast production and distribution facility in the US is on schedule to begin operations by the end of this month.
Mexico-based Fomento Economico Mexicano (FEMSA) is looking to add value to its Coca-Cola FEMSA arm by expanding the business, possibly outside of Latin America.
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- CCE shows faith in Coca-Cola Life with full launch
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Tequila set for export boost after record 2014
- India's Kerala state to ease alcohol restrictions
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban