Round-Up - Brewers' Q3 Results
Several global brewers have announced their third-quarter results in the past two weeks. Here's a round-up of our coverage.
Anheuser-Busch InBev this week joined its rivals in reporting weak consumer demand for beer across much of Europe and North America, but analysts still think the brewer is in a promising position. Here, just-drinks examines the market reaction.
Boston Beer Co plans to expand its sales force next year as the firm has continued to outpace its bigger rivals on the US beer market.
Molson Coors' interest in acquiring the beer operations of Foster's Group appears to have weakened after the Canadian brewer said it would relinquish its stake in the Australian firm.
Brazil has been the powerhouse for Anheuser-Busch InBev's beer sales so far in 2010 and there is every reason to believe that growth will continue.
SABMiller's full-year earnings are likely to get a boost from strong third-quarter profits growth at the brewer's joint venture with Molson Coors in the US, MillerCoors.
Price rises and cost savings helped Molson Coors to increase both net sales and profits in the third quarter of 2010, despite lower consumer demand for its beers.
Weak consumer demand for beer in the US weighed on MillerCoors in the third quarter of 2010, but cost savings boosted profits for the SABMiller and Molson Coors-owned brewer.
AmBev has reported a strong rise in beer sales and a jump in profits in the third quarter of 2010, driven by consumer demand in its native Brazil.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has said that it expects stronger profits momentum in the final months of 2010 after the brewer beat most analysts' expectations in its third quarter.
Molson Coors is set to report its third-quarter results tomorrow (3 November). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the highs and lows for company in the three months to the end of September.
Anheuser-Busch InBev will report its third quarter results on Wednesday 3 November. Here, just-drinks brings you highlights of the brewer's news in the three months to the end of September.
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- US craft beer growth slows again - IRI figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits