Round-Up - Brewers' Q3 Results
Several global brewers have announced their third-quarter results in the past two weeks. Here's a round-up of our coverage.
Anheuser-Busch InBev this week joined its rivals in reporting weak consumer demand for beer across much of Europe and North America, but analysts still think the brewer is in a promising position. Here, just-drinks examines the market reaction.
Boston Beer Co plans to expand its sales force next year as the firm has continued to outpace its bigger rivals on the US beer market.
Molson Coors' interest in acquiring the beer operations of Foster's Group appears to have weakened after the Canadian brewer said it would relinquish its stake in the Australian firm.
Brazil has been the powerhouse for Anheuser-Busch InBev's beer sales so far in 2010 and there is every reason to believe that growth will continue.
SABMiller's full-year earnings are likely to get a boost from strong third-quarter profits growth at the brewer's joint venture with Molson Coors in the US, MillerCoors.
Price rises and cost savings helped Molson Coors to increase both net sales and profits in the third quarter of 2010, despite lower consumer demand for its beers.
Weak consumer demand for beer in the US weighed on MillerCoors in the third quarter of 2010, but cost savings boosted profits for the SABMiller and Molson Coors-owned brewer.
AmBev has reported a strong rise in beer sales and a jump in profits in the third quarter of 2010, driven by consumer demand in its native Brazil.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has said that it expects stronger profits momentum in the final months of 2010 after the brewer beat most analysts' expectations in its third quarter.
Molson Coors is set to report its third-quarter results tomorrow (3 November). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the highs and lows for company in the three months to the end of September.
Anheuser-Busch InBev will report its third quarter results on Wednesday 3 November. Here, just-drinks brings you highlights of the brewer's news in the three months to the end of September.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part II
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Coca-Cola Co promotes CEO's assistant to sales job
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018