Round-Up - Brewers' Q3 Results
Several global brewers have announced their third-quarter results in the past two weeks. Here's a round-up of our coverage.
Anheuser-Busch InBev this week joined its rivals in reporting weak consumer demand for beer across much of Europe and North America, but analysts still think the brewer is in a promising position. Here, just-drinks examines the market reaction.
Boston Beer Co plans to expand its sales force next year as the firm has continued to outpace its bigger rivals on the US beer market.
Molson Coors' interest in acquiring the beer operations of Foster's Group appears to have weakened after the Canadian brewer said it would relinquish its stake in the Australian firm.
Brazil has been the powerhouse for Anheuser-Busch InBev's beer sales so far in 2010 and there is every reason to believe that growth will continue.
SABMiller's full-year earnings are likely to get a boost from strong third-quarter profits growth at the brewer's joint venture with Molson Coors in the US, MillerCoors.
Price rises and cost savings helped Molson Coors to increase both net sales and profits in the third quarter of 2010, despite lower consumer demand for its beers.
Weak consumer demand for beer in the US weighed on MillerCoors in the third quarter of 2010, but cost savings boosted profits for the SABMiller and Molson Coors-owned brewer.
AmBev has reported a strong rise in beer sales and a jump in profits in the third quarter of 2010, driven by consumer demand in its native Brazil.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has said that it expects stronger profits momentum in the final months of 2010 after the brewer beat most analysts' expectations in its third quarter.
Molson Coors is set to report its third-quarter results tomorrow (3 November). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the highs and lows for company in the three months to the end of September.
Anheuser-Busch InBev will report its third quarter results on Wednesday 3 November. Here, just-drinks brings you highlights of the brewer's news in the three months to the end of September.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts