Round-Up - Brewers' Q3 Results
Several global brewers have announced their third-quarter results in the past two weeks. Here's a round-up of our coverage.
Anheuser-Busch InBev this week joined its rivals in reporting weak consumer demand for beer across much of Europe and North America, but analysts still think the brewer is in a promising position. Here, just-drinks examines the market reaction.
Boston Beer Co plans to expand its sales force next year as the firm has continued to outpace its bigger rivals on the US beer market.
Molson Coors' interest in acquiring the beer operations of Foster's Group appears to have weakened after the Canadian brewer said it would relinquish its stake in the Australian firm.
Brazil has been the powerhouse for Anheuser-Busch InBev's beer sales so far in 2010 and there is every reason to believe that growth will continue.
SABMiller's full-year earnings are likely to get a boost from strong third-quarter profits growth at the brewer's joint venture with Molson Coors in the US, MillerCoors.
Price rises and cost savings helped Molson Coors to increase both net sales and profits in the third quarter of 2010, despite lower consumer demand for its beers.
Weak consumer demand for beer in the US weighed on MillerCoors in the third quarter of 2010, but cost savings boosted profits for the SABMiller and Molson Coors-owned brewer.
AmBev has reported a strong rise in beer sales and a jump in profits in the third quarter of 2010, driven by consumer demand in its native Brazil.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has said that it expects stronger profits momentum in the final months of 2010 after the brewer beat most analysts' expectations in its third quarter.
Molson Coors is set to report its third-quarter results tomorrow (3 November). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the highs and lows for company in the three months to the end of September.
Anheuser-Busch InBev will report its third quarter results on Wednesday 3 November. Here, just-drinks brings you highlights of the brewer's news in the three months to the end of September.
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends