Round-Up - Anheuser-Busch InBev takes control of Grupo Modelo
This week has been dominated by Anheuser-Busch InBev's move to take control of Grupo Modelo. Here's just-drinks' coverage of the saga.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has agreed to buy the 50% share in Grupo Modelo it does not already own in a deal worth US$20.1bn.
Constellation Brands is set to double its sales after completing the acquisition of Grupo Modelo's US beer business and one of its breweries from Anheuser-Busch InBev for US$4.75bn.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has completed its US$20.1bn acquisition of Grupo Modelo, nearly a year after the deal was first announced.
The anti-trust lawsuit filed over Anheuser-Busch InBev's US$20.1bn buy-out of Grupo Modelo has been fully laid to rest after a court allowed the settlement between the companies and the US Department of Justice (DoJ).
Anheuser-Busch InBev has reached a settlement with the US Department of Justice that will see the brewer secure its full takeover of Grupo Modelo.
Anheuser-Busch InBev is poised to seal the takeover of Grupo Modelo, with Constellation Brands set to secure full ownership of its US JV with the Mexican brewer.
A US federal judge has agreed to delay proceedings in the anti-trust lawsuit against Anheuser-Busch InBev's US$20.1bn bid for Grupo Modelo.
Anheuser-Busch InBev and Constellation Brands are conferring with the US authorities over the Grupo Modelo deal, with all parties aiming to delay legal proceedings in the anti-trust case until next month.
Anheuser-Busch InBev and Constellation Brands have announced a "revised agreement" over the control of Grupo Modelo's brands in a bid to satisfy regulators' concerns.
Constellation Brands has requested to be part of the US legal case aimed at blocking Anheuser-Busch InBev's proposed takeover of Grupo Modelo.
Constellation Brands has said it is “disappointed” by the US Government's move to block Anheuser-Busch InBev's US$20.1bn acquisition of Grupo Modelo.
The CEO of Anheuser-Busch InBev has rejected concerns that its deal to buy Grupo Modelo could be scuppered by US competition authorities, arguing that it will bring "no change" to the country's beer market.
So, after much speculation, it's finally happened. Yet more consolidation in the global brewing sector, as Anheuser-Busch InBev (A-B InBev) has managed to lure Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo into a deal.
Grupo Modelo's plan to sell its stake in Crown Imports might not be enough to satisfy US regulatory authorities examining its merger with Anheuser-Busch InBev and could scupper its deal with the Belgium brewer, an analyst has said.
Constellation Brands has agreed to buy the remaining half of Crown Imports for US$1.85bn, as a result of Anheuser-Busch's deal to buy Grupo Modelo.
For many observers, yesterday's speculation linking Anheuser-Busch InBev to a move for control of Grupo Modelo has come a bit sooner than expected. But, it has always been expected.
A fresh round of speculation has kicked off over whether Anheuser-Busch InBev will finally gets its paws on Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has confirmed that it has held talks to “expand its current relationship” with Grupo Modelo.
Is the final chapter in the Anheuser-Busch InBev/Grupo Modelo will-they-or-won't-they saga about to be written?
Anheuser-Busch InBev is close to buying the remaining stake in Grupo Modelo, according to reports.
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Inver House Distillers posts FY profits leap
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research