Molson Coors Full-Year 2016 Results - Round-Up
In February, Molson Coors reported its results for the 12 months of 2016. Here's a full round-up of just-drinks' coverage of the brewer's numbers.
Molson Coors has reported full-year net profits of almost US$2bn and sales of just under $5bn, in its first set of results since taking full control of the MillerCoors joint-venture.
On a pro-forma basis, Molson Coors' sales and volumes both fell by low single-digits in 2016. In reported terms, net sales were down by 2.3% last year, while volumes slipped by 0.8%. Here, just-drinks looks at the brewer's full-year results, released earlier this week, by region.
Earlier this week, Molson Coors released its full-year results for 2016; the year in which the brewer took full control of the MillerCoors joint-venture in the US. While the transaction has skewed the numbers for last year - full details of which can be found here - the results from the four years prior provide an interesting guide to Molson Coors' longer-term performance.
Molson Coors has recorded a near-US$500m impairment charge in Canada after the company was moved to reassess the value of its brands in the country.
Ahead of the release tomorrow of Molson Coors' results for the fourth quarter and the 12 months of 2016, here's a look at the events that shaped the three months to the end of December for the brewer.
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Coca-Cola Amatil FY 2016 - results data
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends