just-drinks Cognac Essentials
As part of just-drinks' Spirits Essentials series, this look at the Cognac segment provides comprehensive figures and information on the sector, its markets and its trends.
As part of our Spirits Essentials series, just-drinks and The IWSR present a comprehensive guide to the Cognac category. Sourced from the joint Global Cognac Insights report, published in November, we look at both market and category trends for Cognac globally, the performance of the key brands, as well as the challenges facing Cognac going forward.
Recent data compiled by North American market research provider Ipsos through its Alcohol Consumption Tracker highlights how the Cognac segment operates differently along ethnic lines in the US. Among black consumers, Cognac has been very popular historically, relying heavily on this ethnic group to drive much of its volume in the country. The situation has changed in recent years, however, as white consumers are becoming more engaged in the sector.
To coincide with the release of just-drinks latest Spirits Essentials coverage, Richard Woodard considers the dangers facing the Cognac segment if it continues to operate solely at the extremes of China and the US.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research