just-drinks Cognac Essentials
As part of just-drinks' Spirits Essentials series, this look at the Cognac segment provides comprehensive figures and information on the sector, its markets and its trends.
As part of our Spirits Essentials series, just-drinks and The IWSR present a comprehensive guide to the Cognac category. Sourced from the joint Global Cognac Insights report, published in November, we look at both market and category trends for Cognac globally, the performance of the key brands, as well as the challenges facing Cognac going forward.
Recent data compiled by North American market research provider Ipsos through its Alcohol Consumption Tracker highlights how the Cognac segment operates differently along ethnic lines in the US. Among black consumers, Cognac has been very popular historically, relying heavily on this ethnic group to drive much of its volume in the country. The situation has changed in recent years, however, as white consumers are becoming more engaged in the sector.
To coincide with the release of just-drinks latest Spirits Essentials coverage, Richard Woodard considers the dangers facing the Cognac segment if it continues to operate solely at the extremes of China and the US.
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- Diageo’s H1 2017 results - Preview
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Remy Cointreau's YTD performance - Focus
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- AB InBev targets South Africa with redundancy plan
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Heineken in talks to buy Kirin's Brazil presence