Focus - India's Struggling Wine Industry
Unsold wine in tanks, wineries shutting down and vineyards being uprooted. It's not a pretty picture for India’s infant wine industry as it bears the twin-pronged brunt of global glut and domestic roadblocks. Against this backdrop, just-drinks reports from India’s first National Wine Conference held in New Delhi last week.
Unsold wine in tanks, wineries shutting down and vineyards being uprooted. It's not a pretty picture for India’s infant wine industry as it bears the twin-pronged brunt of global glut and domestic roadblocks. That was the backdrop against which India’s first National Wine Conference was held in New Delhi last week and, if anything, the meet underlined fears that the country’s wine sector is in a ‘make or break’ situation.
Beleaguered Indian winemaker Indage Vintners hopes to reverse a winding up order on its operations after securing a deal to refinance debts.
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board