Focus - Indage Vintners
By: Olly Wehring
The rise and fall of Indage Vintners
India was today (1 April) given the honour of becoming the first Asian nation to join the Paris-based Organisation of Vine and Wine (OIV), which looks after the global rulebook on do's and don't's for the wine fraternity. Yet, one of the country's leading wine firms is on the verge of bankruptcy.
Indage Vintners has secured a temporary reprieve on a winding up order issued against the wine company.
India has joined the ten leading growth nations in the world for wine consumption, according to a Vinexpo/IWSR report.
Indian wine giant Indage Vintners plans to raise INR2bn via a share rights issue.
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Coca-Cola can unleash Monster with energy plunge
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat