Focus - Fighting Alcohol Harm: The European Union's Strategy Under Review
The EC's informal alcohol strategy, launched in 2006, is set for a detailed evaluation this year. It aims to to cut the health and social harm caused by excessive alcohol consumption. Here EU policy monitoring service, EurActiv, examines the current situation in a three-part comment piece.
Europeans have the highest per-capita consumption of alcohol, and drinking causes nearly 1-in-10 cases of ill health and premature death, according to EU data. The European Commission’s informal alcohol strategy, launched in 2006, is set for a detailed evaluation in 2013, with the policy objective of reducing the health and social harm caused by excessive alcohol consumption.
In the second part of this analysis of the European Union's review of its strategy to combat alcohol harm across the region, EurActiv details the issues that have to be considered.
The third and final part of EurActiv's analysis of the European Union's alcohol harm reduction strategy focuses on the different positions being taken on different issues in different regions.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review