Focus - Fighting Alcohol Harm: The European Union's Strategy Under Review
The EC's informal alcohol strategy, launched in 2006, is set for a detailed evaluation this year. It aims to to cut the health and social harm caused by excessive alcohol consumption. Here EU policy monitoring service, EurActiv, examines the current situation in a three-part comment piece.
Europeans have the highest per-capita consumption of alcohol, and drinking causes nearly 1-in-10 cases of ill health and premature death, according to EU data. The European Commission’s informal alcohol strategy, launched in 2006, is set for a detailed evaluation in 2013, with the policy objective of reducing the health and social harm caused by excessive alcohol consumption.
In the second part of this analysis of the European Union's review of its strategy to combat alcohol harm across the region, EurActiv details the issues that have to be considered.
The third and final part of EurActiv's analysis of the European Union's alcohol harm reduction strategy focuses on the different positions being taken on different issues in different regions.
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- Comment - Will the Sweetener Battle turn Sour?
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Coca-Cola Co promotes North America chief
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets